jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

duplicate

1. elayne001 profile image47
    elayne001posted 7 years ago

Yeah, I know - this is my second duplicate that I tried to put up - but the thing is, there is no way I would try to promote what the article is about. I was only trying to be thorough so I got a video, links, amazon products related to the subject etc. I'm not sure why it says it is a duplicate because very little was from a site. Mostly it was my own feelings about the place. I would appreciate some constructive critism...or otherwise. Now I'm nervous to post again.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

If you are talking about the hairstyle at least two sections of the article are taken from at least two other sites. Even if you wrote them yourself it will be marked as duplicate.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Videos, links and Amazon capsules aren't taken into account when marking something as duplicate - it must be your text.  Remember that it will be marked as duplicate even if you wrote it yourself elsewhere.

4. dashingclaire profile image81
    dashingclaireposted 7 years ago

I got a flag for duplicate text which was confusing since the  text was from a hub published on Hubpage. I was referring a thought in the new hub. So does this mean a writer can't even duplicate parts of hubs? At least I think that was the questioned text. If there was a question about duplication the text in question was highlighted for you on other publishing sites. They should do the same here. I got no feedback from my email to the team in the last 16 hours.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Duplication is duplication, wherever it is.  You can quote from another Hub - but if it forms a large part of your Hub, it will cause a flag.  Why not post a link to the Hub here, and we can give better advice.

If you feel you need to quote large chunks of another Hub, then it's probably more practical just to provide a link to that other Hub.

1. dashingclaire profile image81
        dashingclaireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/Homeless-People-on-Twitter
        Thank you for the reply. The article is on homelessness, and I'm thinking it's the first para that's flagged.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Claire, I thought you said it was because you'd copied some words from another Hub?  Is this a different Hub?

1. dashingclaire profile image81
      dashingclaireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

working