jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Related hubs are not related

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

I am continually noticing that related hubs are not actually related.

In one of my hub about religion has a related hub about sexy pictures.

Similarly I am noticing same thing in adsense. Ads are not related to hubs topics.

Any one else facing similar problem?

I request hub pages team to look after the matter and fix the problem.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

1. larryfreeman profile image87
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jyoti,

I checked out the issue with the Related Hubs and the problems stems from the tags used.

For example, on your hub: "Photo Gallery: Kolkata Jain Dadabadi", you have a related hub because you share the tags "photos", "photo gallery", "pictures".

I can't speak on Google AdSense but changing your tags will change the related hubs listed.

-Larry

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Larry. Some times there is no option but to put those tags. I will think over the matter. Thanks for advice.

Jyoti Kothari

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Of course there is an option not to put those tags. I haven't used those tags in any of my 99 hubs.... and I have never had any 'sexy picture' hubs being related to any of my hubs.

If you were to click on those tags, all you will find is about 5000 sexy picture hubs.

I suspect that such generic and saturated tags will be having very little benefit to your traffic.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Traffic-Use-of-Tags

This hub by johnr54 is a great read. Darkside has one too. Read those two hubs, and you should be able to make full advantage of the system. I gained about 100 page views per day by redoing all of my tags.

Lot of thanks for good advice. I will read those articles.
            Jyoti Kothari

2. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 7 years ago

Topic and tags play role in automatic selection of related hubs. So, you might see some hubs that you don't feel related.

What is the rule? How hubpage select it? By category? topic? group? tags? Anything else? Or combination of all?

Hubpages can choose in their way but they should enhance effectiveness and efficiency in this field.

sexy picture gallery in a religious hub? really disgusting.

working