jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Question about Google Analytics

1. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

I'd like to start using Analytics for my hubs, however I'm a bit confused about what to put down when it asks for your URL. Am I supposed to put in the URL of every hub I want tracked or do I put in one main URL, like the one that brings up my profile?

For those of you who use Analytics, how helpful has it been?

2. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

Once you have signed up for analytics, simply go to the affiliate settings page (where you put in your adsense ID) and put your unique analytics number in there. Hubpages does the rest.

This is much easier than doing it on your own site where you have to place a tag in the html code .

3. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Oh, I understand how to include Analytics on Hub Pages, but I should've clarified.... I'm confused about how to actually sign up for Analytics in the first place. Analytics asks for your URL and I don't know what to give them. I have 37 hubs right now, so that's 37 different URLs. Do I sign up for each one or do I give one main URL from Hub Pages... do I just skip that questions? THAT's the part that confuses me. Thanks.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

You just enter one URL and the one to your HubPages profile will work fine.  That URL is really just for display purposes, I don't think it affects the tracking at all.

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When I first signed up with HP, I used my profile page as the URL for Analytics. But it only tracked visits to my profile page. I switched to http://hubpages.com and it now tracks all of my hubs.

5. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Oh, OK, thanks! That makes things easier... I was thinking I'd have to reenter information each time I wrote a hub!

6. rumbling profile image37
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

wow , I'm learning something new every day in the forums , I never knew you can track your hubs in Google analytics smile

7. heller profile image60
    hellerposted 7 years ago

yes I was exactly the same rumbling - just signed up and activated and its freeeeeeee!!!

8. Aqua profile image78
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

I also use the hubpages.com and it tracks all my individual hubs.