jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Hubpages not allowing for creation of new hubs

1. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Hubpages is not allowing creation of new hubs.  Once continue button is used, another page comes up instead of the page to input the artice, photos and video.  Is Hubpages having technical difficulties.

1. larryfreeman profile image85
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Linda Goffigan,

I just tested it and it worked fine for you. 

Which browser and OS are you using?  I tested it on Windows XP with IE 8 and I had no trouble starting a new hub.

1. thranax profile image60
        thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You used IE8 and had no trouble? Lol that's remarkable! IE 8 pains a ton of local IT people around here. I won't even upgrade it from 7 personally. (I use firefox, no need to update it to mess with my internal operations that require IE)

2. shamelabboush profile image56
    shamelabboushposted 7 years ago

Hubpages is crumbling down people...... Another crash?

3. Gemsong profile image85
    Gemsongposted 7 years ago

ouch. not good. We need the back up hamsters to keep things running while the team tears out their hair.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I published a new Hub just last night, it had to be shortly before midnight Pacific time.

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

Some weird things are going on. I couldn't open hubpages for 4 days, and hubpages team didn't know what was the matter

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i bet it is the HubPocalypse...

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

They will fix it, hang in there, I have submitted any until things get ironed out. smile

7. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Do not worry, nothing will be lost by hubpages (data recovery is too far advanced for that). I have a feeling, this is Hubpages first major crash within there existence. It isn't a quick thing to fix, like it would be..say for eBay. IT work is hard and I'm sure Paul, Fawntia, Larry, and Sumit are working hard at getting all the massive amounts of data onto the new server to be up and running shortly!

1. nicomp profile image61
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And pigs fly! No data recovery is 100% reliable.

1. sunforged profile image69
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

of course not  100%, but any worthwhile big operation has redundant back ups, so recovery doesnt amount to the same effort as say your personal hard drive..even that is is a field that is quite successful when you have the budget (clean room recovery work 300/hr!)

8. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

I published one about 2 hours ago with nothing unusual going on.

9. 0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

I tried to create one also. It wouldn't work for me until I tried the simpified version. I am using Windows Vista and IE8.

One note to point out. I didnt select a category at first and got  the error message telling me to selct one. I then selcted a category and clicked continue. It wouldn't go through. The page did nothing but just sit there.

10. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I've published two today and almost finished another started from scratch today - though the text was done offline. Not sure what the problem is but hope you've got it sorted.

11. 0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

I just tried again and it worked for me.