jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Huh. This ever happen to you--Spontaneous Hub Publishing

1. Sophia Heresford profile image83
    Sophia Heresfordposted 7 years ago

Soooo I think I may have figured out why my hubber score tanked. One of my unpublished hubs published somehow.

I am fairly certain I did not do it as I hadn't even been in it since I created it 2 months ago. It had no content.

So has anyone heard of spontaneous publishing?

I ended up deleting the hub altogether because the steps I was given to return to unpublished status just republished it again.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

is that anything like spontaneous combustion? smile

that is a first. good thing you deleted it.

sorry that happened to you. bummer. neutral

2. tdarby profile image59
    tdarbyposted 7 years ago

I wish all my hubs would spontaneously publish.  Then I would have more hubs.  For some dang reason, HubPages requires me to actually write them myself. 
    As to your hub, you can unpublish it if you want.

3. 0
    shinujohn2010posted 7 years ago

May be you mistakenly hit the publish button.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Having been here for three years, I've only had a Hub publish when I hit the publish button.  It is pretty easy to hit the button to publish instead of saving unpublished.

At least this site has an unpublish feature so you can take it back down and fix or finish it.

5. Sophia Heresford profile image83
    Sophia Heresfordposted 7 years ago

I'm thinking bug because I can't unpublish it, only delete it. If I try to unpublish, it ends up publishing.

I can't completely rule out user error, but with the inability to unpublish, I'm leaning toward it being not me.

Hopefully it is just me and a random glitch that will never happen again. The Hub Gods willing.

1. loveofnight profile image80
      loveofnightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

6. lostgirlscat profile image61
    lostgirlscatposted 7 years ago

I've had it happen to me, but it didn't even offer the save unpublished option, of course it warned me that they were experiencing problems on the website, but I was forced into the option of publish or lose all work. Way the article turned out, wished I chosen the lose all work option!

7. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Ok, I thought it was just me. Thought maybe i hit the wrong button when saving and leaving it for the day. I came back the next day to comments on my unfinished hub!! It only had a few videos on it!! At least it has happened to others and maybe I'm not crazy hehe