jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

New to Hubpages!

1. grad09 profile image59
    grad09posted 7 years ago

Hey guys, I new to hubpages and I know that a lot of sites like this get a lot of spam mail and a lot of spammy articles.

Do you guys have this problem at hubpages? Because I'm getting a little tired of it!

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

no they keep a pretty tight rein on spam, which is wonderful.

welcome aboard! smile

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Welcome, and I think you'll love it here. HP has pretty strict rules about spamming, and most stuff on here has a "flag" button so the users can self-police. Dive in and enjoy!

3. pageantgirl31413 profile image87
    pageantgirl31413posted 7 years ago

There's very little spam since it's not what hubpages is about. You'll get hooked pretty fast.

4. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Welcome!! No, not much spam here..sure some here and there but that's the cost of using the internet!

5. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I've been here awhile, and I don't see any of the kind of stuff people often get from other sites.  Once in a while I'll get a weird e.mail through my HubPages profile, but it's pretty rare.

6. 0
    SalesScoopposted 7 years ago

You've been here 80 minutes and have two hubs and two fans already? Nice start. Welcome to hubpages.

7. 0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 7 years ago

I don't usually have a big problem with this. BTW, welcome to HP.

8. archdaw profile image62
    archdawposted 7 years ago

Welcome, I am not as old as the rest (no offense intended), but I like it here.  You could just jump in to conversations and express yourself, but be warned if the conversations are too heated, stay clear and ust sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch the fire works.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

good advice.

as a retired cage fighter myself, i really appreciate it smile

1. zadrobi profile image60
        zadrobiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Unless, of course, you're fighting with a pillow smile

9. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

Welcome and happy reading/writing...

10. Dale Mazurek profile image58
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

Spam definatly isnt a problem here.  Oh sure you may get the odd email thats spammy and it seems every evening when the staff shut their doors for the evening the occasional spammer comes out.  However if you ignore them or just report them they will go away.

Welcome to a great community.