jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

getting paid

1. freepsychic profile image60
    freepsychicposted 8 years ago

Yes, I love to write and this hub thing is excellent, but when and how do we get paid?  What am I to expect?  Some of my sites look like they're doing very well, but I've only been doing this for 4 days!  Very new to blogging, and so not a techie.

1. makemoneyonline profile image60
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You don't need to be a techie here, you need to be a writer. If you're new patience and dedication is key: you must write regularly about 3/4 articles per week for a few months before expecting any decent earnings.

Here's my own earnings
      60$ per month far from being a salary but it's just a hobby and a learning process for me for more serious projects.

But I'm far from being a great writer so you should rather inspire from other successfull hubbers here.

2. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Google Adsense pays out after 100 dollars has accumulated in your account.  So, say I make 100 bucks this month (not likely, yet) then next month I would get a check for 100 bucks.

3. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image77
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 8 years ago

Google pays you after you've reached $100 in adsense revenue. Amazon  pays you depending on how you set up your payment preferences. I think you get a payment after you make $10 if you choose to get Amazon gift certificates---you need to make a little more for them to send  you a check. I'm not sure how eBay works. I'm sure someone on here does smile

It takes a little time. The  more hubs you publish, the faster you'll build up Adsense revenue, and some topics pay better than others. Just keep writing smile

Good luck!

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

All payments and tracking of payments is done through the affiliate programs themselves, none of that comes direct from HubPages.

The HubPages FAQ on Royalties can be found at http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties
    More specifically, there's "How do I check how much money I've made?", http://hubpages.com/faq/#money

5. stubbs profile image72
    stubbsposted 8 years ago

eBay (commission junction) will pay you after you have accumulated £16 (thats 31 dollars) im not sure if it differs for the American eBay (commission junction).

I don't have any affiliates program yet. What's the link between ebay and commission junction ? How do I get an Id affiliates: is it by joining ebay or commission junction ?

6. stubbs profile image72
    stubbsposted 8 years ago

eBay is on commission junction.

Commission junction is a place where companies share their affiliate programs, brings it all together so to speak. So by joining commission junction (free to do so) you can the place eBay ads on your hubs as well as text ads for other products for example im doing rather well being an apple affiliate.

Do CJ has standard for joining ? Will any Hubpager accepted ?

7. trakker14 profile image60
    trakker14posted 8 years ago

well I wish I knew the secret, so far i have a big red 0 for income, and i have tried many times to have affiliate ads on my hub, but i never see them. so I guess no one else does either. not bad after 3 months and 19 hubs...humph!

8. stubbs profile image72
    stubbsposted 8 years ago

yes i believe any hubber will be accepted. some affilates (apple, ebay, friendsreunited etc) will take ahile to except you to become an affilate but CJ itself i think is pretty much instant.