jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Those generic Google ads

1. Robin Layne profile image80
    Robin Layneposted 7 years ago

I understand that it somehow takes a while before Google adjusts its ads to your Hub's subject matter. When a Hub is new, it's plastered with discouraging ads like "Find Asian Brides" and such. At the same time, I am invited at publication to publicize my Hub on places like Facebook and MySpace, which I do. I figure, though, that those who respond to my invitation usually read the Hub before the ads have adjusted to the subject matter. The result: No money for either me or my advertisers.
    Is there a way around this problem? If I wait to publicize my Hub, will the Google ads adjust, or is the adjustment dependent on people visiting the Hub?

If I sound dumb, I haven't been active on HubPages for a long time, partly because of discouraging situations like this (and eBay cancelling my ad account because it was "inactive").

2. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

I usually wait a day and check my stats are registering before I start to publicize my writing here.Choose a few specific tags and a good category match and the ads should match up pretty quickly.

3. Robin Layne profile image80

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

AdSense allows you to remove certain controversial types of ads altogether here:

This will only work in your share of impressions (60% of the time), but may still be worth doing.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's good to know! thanks Paul. smile

5. Robin Layne profile image80

I wonder why they always start with those types of ads, anyway. Do they really get a lot of responses on them?

6. torimari profile image80
    torimariposted 7 years ago

Hehe, Find Asian Brides is quite sad to have on your blog (lest it is catered to it...which be interesting).

I think I had a little penis-enlargement add, but otherwise, google has behaved on my hubs.