jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone else's Analytics gone kerblooey?

1. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Right now, I'm getting weird percentage marks all over the site, basically over every single link. When I tried to edit my hub, it wouldn't let me. Then when I tried to disable my Analytics, it wouldn't let me do that either. What's going on?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

You may have accidentally turned on the site overlay.  I have never been able to work out what it means, personally - I'm not sure it has any relevance to HubPages anyway.

If you look carefully, you'll see a tiny "x" in the top right hand corner - click that and it will go away.

3. johnr54 profile image70
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

The site overlay is used to help evaluate a site's layout, to see what links your visitors are clicking on when they visit a page.  It's not something I ever thought of using on Hubpages since so much of the layout is not under your control and the accuracy is limited by the fact that you can't add outbound link tracking to your links.

As Marisa suggested, just turn it off or close that window.

4. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Thanks. I ended up disabling analytics because it wouldn't let me edit my work here -- and then it made my computer freeze. Things seem a lot less complicated without it.