jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Flagged for "Overly Promotional"

1. profile image61
    Loco Mediaposted 7 years ago

One of my hubs has been flagged as "Overly Promotional: This Hub excessively promotes another".

But the only thing I'm doing is having one link to my (Danish) website, where I give more advices.

If this is illegal, I guess 90 % of all hubs should be flagged...

The hub is: http://hubpages.com/hub/Stop-Smoking-an … 20-Minutes

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure it's only 1 link? In general, you are allowed 2 promotional links per hub. But if all your hubs link to the same website then that could be the problem.

1. dingdong profile image61
        dingdongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If the content is duplicate, even that one link is not allowed.

1. Susana S profile image91
          Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh ok. Yes they don't like duplicate content here on HP. Why not rewrite you articles so that they are different enough to not be flagged as duplicate?

2. relache profile image89
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you only have one or two links as the only outgoing links on your Hub, that too is considered overly-promotional as you've built a landing page.

HubPages not only wants original content, they don't want you solely promoting one site.

1. profile image61
          Loco Mediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The content is originally (re)written.

So if I have more than one link, it would be OK?

But I must say that the flagging seems to be hitting very randomly

1. profile image0
            ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Originally 're-written'. Well there is your answer, you didn't change the text enough.

1. profile image61
              Loco Mediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It has been flagged as duplicated content too - but this flag has been removed. So it does not seems to be a content issue.

Anyway - I have decided to delete it. It is not worth all the trouble.

2. dingdong profile image61
    dingdongposted 7 years ago
  3. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 7 years ago

Your hubs are generally for other peoples benefit not yours. Your share of the benefit is Adsense revenue.

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Loco, I'm surprised all your Hubs haven't been flagged as overly promotional.

You can have two links to the same website on a Hub, but if you do it on every Hub, you're going to get flagged.

I have a link to my belly dance site on all my belly dance Hubs,and a link to my ballet site on all my ballet Hubs, etc.  But I have other Hubs that don't link to my websites at all, so it's OK. 

You have a small number of Hubs and most of them link twice to your own site.  You probably didn't get flagged for duplicate content until you hit a critical number of Hubs.  So you can delete the one that's flagged, but if you do the same thing again in your next Hub, you'll get flagged again.

All you have to do is cut it down to one link, and write some Hubs that don't link, and you'll be fine.

working