jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

I'm finally getting more traffic!

1. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

I tweaked a few hub titles and almost overnight my traffic went up - boom! I'm now getting a lot more international google sites. I haven't made much more money, but I'm hoping that'll soon follow.

I can't believe, though, that it's my lasagna hub that's become the most popular. Is lasagna really popular in the UK? Most of my hits are from there.

Anyway, for those of you wondering if making some SEO tweaks can really make a difference, they apparently can!

1. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes I can. And if you wrote one about Perfect Yorkshire Puddings you'd probably get mobbed smile

Well done on the traffic increase by the way.

2. Ronaldos profile image80
    Ronaldosposted 7 years ago

That great news ! With a little bit of improvement... Who knows ! Keep it coming !

3. Cranoo profile image60
    Cranooposted 7 years ago

Well done, it's all about Keywords.

4. pisco profile image60
    piscoposted 7 years ago

Can you expand a bit on what changes did you made, and what based/motivated those changes, just so we can maybe try and replicate it to our hubs smile

5. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

Thanks, everyone, especially those of you who gave me some help in the makeover forums.

@pisco -

I'm kind of experimenting with a double title thing, i.e. "Come to Hubpages — Hubpages is the place to be!" I'm trying to use a combo of high-paying keywords and keywords that are less competitive so I'm easier to find.

6. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

Any traffic, is Good News smile
    Best Regards

7. torimari profile image79
    torimariposted 7 years ago

That's really great. This has happened to me, but that's because my articles have been indexed on google (finally).
    I hope it keeps on coming for you!

8. pageantgirl31413 profile image87
    pageantgirl31413posted 7 years ago

yeah recipes seem to be the best thing. That's where most of my traffic as well as earnings come from. Although not many go to my lasagna recipe but I just realized that I needed to tweek the title a bit.

Anywho, I did the same thing the other night with adding more keywords and doing a double title and I noticed some of my hubs moving up on the search engines. Another thing to do that most people dont know about is that you can submit your link to yahoo. You can do it free and they say that it will take a few weeks but mine have shown up normally within a week.

9. futurenetads profile image61
    futurenetadsposted 7 years ago

Well done.....Write  original content then it will easy to get traffic .........keep going

10. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Nice to know - well done.

11. Sophia Heresford profile image83
    Sophia Heresfordposted 7 years ago

That's a really good idea re: the titles.

Congrats to you!

Off to tweak titles...

12. pisco profile image60
    piscoposted 7 years ago

Too bad we can't change the link as well with the title, that was why i underestimated changing titles, always tought the link itself was a lot more important.