jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

social traffic sites

1. 0
    brownlickieposted 7 years ago

could someone tell me what bing is? are there other things I should be doing to get traffic to my hubs. I share it with all the ones in the share department including emailing friends and pinging. Also when I try to put my hub on MIXX it says it does not recognise hub pages. Should I be doing something else? regards brownlickie

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Bing is a new search engine - like Yahoo and Google.

As for what can you do to attract more traffic - who can say. I don't know what you're doing now smile

I do a mixture of things - sometimes I simply write and publish. Other times I put some effort into keyword research and SEO stuff. In and among, I backlink specific hubs. I have dropped a few on social network sites but they do diddly squat.

Whether that's because I do diddly squat on the sites I don't know - I suspect I should spend more time social networking. I spend little or no time making noise on Digg, Twitter, Yahoo anything and so on.

3. 0
    brownlickieposted 7 years ago

Thanks for your answer frogdropping I am like you I try and try and then I try again .thanks brownlickie

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

It really sounds like your doing a good job so far.

I would put the biggest effort into learning keyword research so that your hubs just get the traffic without having to be so involved.

the 30 day challenge will teach you for free

Hubpages might be blocked by mixx, your not doing anything wrong

1. 0
      brownlickieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks sunforged. we will keep on keeping on

5. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Bing, really is MSN Search renamed and re-innovated. It is owned by Microsoft in an attempt to beat out Google and Yahoo.

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Actually Bing is Microsoft, having retooled their search engine after having bought a large amount of Yahoo's search functions and features from them to apply to their MSN search.

I have connections at Yahoo from when I lived in SF.  Nobody got the axe in the merger/acquisition so now I have some intel on Bing too.