jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do hubs get scanned by SE's

1. edguider profile image60
    edguiderposted 7 years ago

I am very new to hubpages and have searched the FAQ's section but still cannot find the answer to my question. Only have one hub posted so far and have noticed it is not in search engines? My questions is do hubs with a certain high scores only get indexed or does it depend on how many your write?

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

We all get crawled, as far as I'm aware. The more search engine friendly your work, the more likely it will show up. HP has a great SERP and in itself is Google friendly.

I should post a few more hubs whilst you're waiting. I was here ages before anything appeared and even then it was a load of tripe about mythical beasties.

I imagine someone will be along shortly with far more technical advice than I've given smile

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Every Hub made is scanned by Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other major search engines. Keywords in searches are very competitive. It is hard to take a keyword and become 1st page on a search. It is even harder the more competition you have for your desired keyword phrase.

Using SEO, you can better your rating in the search. No one can really tell you how to become number one for a term, but you can learn personally. There are a lot of *free* guides out there, and blogs about the subject.

Good Luck and welcome to Hubpages!!

4. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

As a comparison, Ive seen hub articles show up on google in under 2 hours after publishing, you get crawled quickly here.

I bet your hub is already indexed, perhaps your just not using the right term, try using a block of your text as a search term , or your title plus the word "hubpages" (in case your in a competitive keyword, so you dont have to go past page 1)

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

You've written on a subject that must have huge competition, so it will take time for your Hub to climb up the rankings.

Try searching for the specific title of your Hub. Unless there are a lot of other sites with the exact same title, your Hub should come up.

6. jonmarsh profile image78
    jonmarshposted 7 years ago

From what I have seen and what others have related, you get indexed very quickly, spend a day or two in the index, then you are completely out of the index for a few weeks or more.

7. jacobkuttyta profile image46
    jacobkuttytaposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the information

8. edguider profile image60
    edguiderposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all the answers everyone, they cleared allot up for me smile