jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (32 posts)

TGIF

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Who is happy it's Friday? Of course, for some of you it's already Saturday. What are you doing this weekend?

I'm finally getting some drapes up. I've lived in this apartment for 5 years and never gotten around to it until now...

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

After a long break of not writing, I finally made a list of 18 subjects to write about. And I even just posted one of the suggested topics by pearldiver a few minutes ago. It feels good to thump on the keyboard again.

And tomorrow I'll thump on the piano keyboard and bang out some more tunz.

I'm going to make a big breakfast (MY FAVE THING TO DO ON WEEKENDS) of waffles, eggs, bacon, etc., etc, and invite a few of my reprobate, artistic friends over. It's a happy time. smile

I might clean the blinds, too. No curtains in this place.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

I am looking forward to tomorrow (Saturday), I have a wedding reception to go to..... should be fun smile

3. Cheri Schultz profile image63
    Cheri Schultzposted 7 years ago

I am with you TGIF... I will be painting my bathroom on Sunday and going to a wedding on Saturday.  It looks like it is going to be a nice sunny fall weekend on my side of town.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's two of us then smile

4. Aqua profile image77
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

No drapes? Yikes! 

I'm planning on having a nice, mellow weekend. I have some homework and I *really* need to get some more hubs written. smile Of course it's a beautiful and sunny day here in California so I feel some outside time coming on...so many things I want to do and so little time - isn't that always the way it goes? smile

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

rest write and relax, watch tivo'd shows and regroup.

6. starme77 profile image88
    starme77posted 7 years ago

Cleanin the Hardwood Floors YEY smile

7. Gemsong profile image82
    Gemsongposted 7 years ago

watch the season premieres of shows that aired this week. Research more hubs. Make a list of my hub ideas. A pray for inspiration that I come up with hub that will get more 10 views a day.

8. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Not me. I thought it was Wednesday UW. I feel robbed neutral

9. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago
  10. torimari profile image69
    torimariposted 7 years ago

It'a just another day for me sadly. At least this week. I have nothing to do and no one to hang out with. Boo friggin' hoo.

11. qbanmamiof2 profile image59
    qbanmamiof2posted 7 years ago

It's going to be nice one, first time in a long time my hubby has a saturday off.  Maybe go to Downtown Disney or a picnic in the park. Something Romantic I have planned but at the same time let my son go crazy and go home really tired, so I can feed my girl a lot and have her sleep all night...Yay!!

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Hell I don't know one day from 't other anymore. So glad you reminded me. Who needs drapes? Dam dust collectors. My wife is always foolin with 'em and changing them and one day I'll do a mischief to meself gettin on the dam stool. I need a pee.

13. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Going to a friend’s tomorrow (Sat) to drink some wine and say goodbye to her hobbled elderly dog sad

Going to a Thai friend’s house Sun for spring rolls smile

And somewhere in all this I need to crank out a couple more health/healthcare HubMob hubs and recruit friends and family to sign up w/ HP and vote for me for HubNuggets for my Children’s Behavior…Perspective hub.

14. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 7 years ago

It's gonna be a bad weekend for me because its been an awful week so I'm glad its over.

My special friend Darlin' a 13 year old Great Pyrenees had to be put down Monday night. She had been really sick for about a week but I thought she was going to be able to beat it once again, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. The other two dogs and I are just kind of loafin' about constantly looking for her...but she won't be coming home

1. RedSonja94 profile image60
      RedSonja94posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry to hear you lost your special friend.  That is so hard to go through.

2. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Zsuszy, I am so very, very sorry.  Last Halloween I lost my precious dog as well.  It's such a horrible feeling, I still miss her dearly.  As the anniversary of her death approaches, I'm reminded of what a great dog she was and how we have an empty spot in our lives.  The grief is better, but still not a day goes by that I don't think of her, and maybe giggle a little from remembering her silly antics.  HUGS from me to you.  From a fellow dog lover, Laura

3. Ivorwen profile image79
      Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm so sorry Zsuzsy.

1. Daniel Carter profile image90

Me too. Sending kind thoughts.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aww, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet when you have had them for a while.

15. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 7 years ago

I agree...TGIF!  My kids are off for a three day weekend so I'll get more time with them now.  I love that.  Maybe a day at the park is in order.  I know of the perfect little park to take them to.

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

You are the second one to make me cry today Zsuzsy! I am feeling for you and the other dogs too.

17. Ivorwen profile image79
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

This weekend I hope to finish building my garden boxes and get some more sewing done. 

The sun is shining, but the prescribed burns that are going on in the near-by forests are making it horrible outside.

18. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

I'm a big bummer right now.  Sick in bed with high fever and other wonderful symptoms to accompany this.  So, I guess my weekend will be spent trying to get better.  Hope I don't miss my kids' soccer games tomorrow.  Good luck with the drapes, they make a huge difference in how a room looks.  Just did them myself.  Have a great weekend everyone, don't get sick!

I've already been sick and I'm still not 100%. It sucks.

2. Daniel Carter profile image90

I hope a little tlc and bedrest will have you back up in no time. I posted that hub about colloidal silver, if that helps. Anyway, since it's the weekend, just give in to needing the rest and take care and your body will thank you.
      smile

19. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 7 years ago

Thanks guys

20. rsmallory profile image80
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

yes, tgif! I am going out of town to be with my daughter who is being induced on Saturday morning with my first grand daughter! I am so excited!!!!

That is very exciting smile

21. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I live on the 9th floor of an apartment building with no tall buildings nearby. But, it gets drafty in the winter and I'm hoping drapes will help.

22. Luciendasky profile image71
    Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago

I AM SO EXCITED THAT IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

working