jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

i need your opinion

1. bipolar girl profile image60
    bipolar girlposted 7 years ago

Hey folks im looking for some advice on my hub pages its taking forever to gather some fans so plz have a look and let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. shamelabboush profile image71
    shamelabboushposted 7 years ago

Make your hubs lively a bit. Add some illustrative photos, arrange your article in more than one capsule. Your hubs are fine, but it is hard to read. Good luck.

3. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

You are bravely sharing a great deal of yourself here and that is to be commended.
    My Hub pages are fluff compared to yours.
    I would be honored to be your fan.

4. torimari profile image81
    torimariposted 7 years ago

I think a lot has to do with the variety. I know you just got here, but it's only about your personal experiences (or a story) about bipolar disease. The first hub seems to be your story which is fine. But it's a bit all over the place and has some consistent errors.

"Id spent the past year swinging from the rafters and living life at one hundred miles per hour, i slept very little and laughed constantly, i had boundless energy and my houghts were rapid, but i enjoyed every second of it. I was fun to be around, people enjoyed my company, others thought i was slightly crazy, i found this hillarious because for the first time in the whole 13 years of life i felt completly sane!"

A lot of the sentences are run-ons.

You could take the first sentence and split it like:
    I'd spent the past year swinging from the rafters and living life at one hundred miles per hour. I would hardly sleep but laughed constantly. At the same time, I enjoyed it as I had boundless energy and my thoughts were rapid.

This is just a quick reconstruction of the sentences. Not only did I seperate phrases and made new sentences I add transition phrases like "But, and At the same time..."

It makes the paragraph read more smoothly and connects it.

You may also want to make seperate articles about what bipolar treatments they are, or warning signs of the illness. Some informative hubs to go along with your personal stories.

Perhaps writing about other interests or things in your life to, to widen your audience!smile

bipolar girlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice i see what you mean about the sentences didnt really notice it until u pointed it out. in terms of writing about other things i only really started this to write about bipolar it's a huge thing in my life and unfortunatly with bipolar it's ongoing it's a life long condition. Soz if the hubs bore some people but in all fairness bipolar isnt a fun subject. Thanks for all the advice and constructive critisism it helps.

5. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I don't know yet, yer name kinda scares me, no offense but maybe you should redo that? Nevertheless, here I come.

bipolar girlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How do i change my username? Still not got the hang of this thing yet lol.

6. lisakprice profile image60
    lisakpriceposted 7 years ago

My sister was bipolar.  I would love to be your fan.  Check out my Hubs, and if you see something you like, I could use some more fans as well!

7. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

You have more fans then me sad lol

8. jacobkuttyta profile image46
    jacobkuttytaposted 7 years ago

let me be your fan!

9. RedSonja94 profile image61
    RedSonja94posted 7 years ago

You've got more fans than I do for sure.  I wouldn't worry so much about getting fans as I would writing good hubs.  The fans will come after the hubs are written.  Just aim for good writing and keep your name seen in the forums so people will look at your pages more.  That's how I have gained fans. Just open up and talk a lot.  It doesn't matter if you don't agree with everyone on everything (trust me you won't) it's that you keep your name showing up.

10. bipolar girl profile image60

Thanks for that

11. bipolar girl profile image60

Thanks for that, can you talk about anything on here? stilll trying to get the hang of it lol.

12. RedSonja94 profile image61
    RedSonja94posted 7 years ago

If there isn't a post already started on it...start one.  The hubber's handout is for things that really don't fit into other categories.  Otherwise pick a category that goes along with your topic and go to town.

working