jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

eBay turned me down-had not published-now how to fix?

1. Carol the Writer profile image78
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

I applied to eBay and Amazon at the same time, before I published my first hub. It took a few more days to publish my hub. I was accepted by Amazon, but declined by eBay. Then, the decline letter says to appeal to Customer Support Team, but there is no link how to reach them. Any ideas? Here is part of their email.
    Thank you for applying to the eBay Partner Network. We regret to inform you that we cannot accept your application at this time.

Like many other affiliate programs, eBay Partner Network has a thorough application vetting process to ensure a good fit between a potential affiliate and the goals of the network. There are a number of reasons why your eBay Partner Network application may have been declined. Some of these include: ...The stated website that you plan to promote us from is non-functioning or inaccessible.
    If you feel that your application deserves a re-review, please forward any additional information that you would like us to consider to our Customer Support Team. It is not necessary to submit an additional application with a different email address. Requests that contain no new information about your promotional methods will not be reconsidered.

Thank you,
    The eBay Partner Network Team

2. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Ebay is currently turning all hubpages members down. It is something which the hubpages team are looking into, but I suspect that Ebay will remain dead as an option for those that are not already partners.

I am not a member of Ebay myself..... so I am hoping that hubpages finds an alternative option. With Ebay dead, and Kontera crap, I am left with Adsense and Amazon. Would quite like a third income source.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

These Service Providers are not in any respect, obliged to take on anyone whom they consider (for whatever reason) to not fit into their professional requirements.

You need to provide them with sufficient evidence that you are potentially an affiliate from whom they will gain traffic. You do that with the quality of your hubs. Merely writing one or two hubs is not enough. You are able to reapply later.

Consider that you are applying for a job in writing. Would you not expect to have to provide your portfolio at the interveiw?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with what you have just said Pearldiver, but currently Ebay is rejecting ALL hubbers...... no hubbers have been approved since there announced changes a while back. Its almost as if they will allow existing hubpages affiliates to remain, but not approve any more.

One of the hubpages staff (sorry the name escapes, the pretty female who isn't Maddie Rudd.... if that helps?) started a thread asking whether anybody had been approved recently. And nobody has.

Its something that hubpages are looking into I believe. Personally I feel that they need to explore the possibility of introducing another affiliate programme. Clickbank or something? Im sure that there is something else out there?

1. thranax profile image60
        thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Her name is Fawntia.

Woot, Im learning the Hubpages team by name for all of them. tongue

4. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

At the time I signed up 16 months ago I got accepted immediately. It might be trickier but if you can get the account on a blog or anther website you own then you can use your code here. (Runaround)

5. suziecat7 profile image82
    suziecat7posted 7 years ago

Ebay has been very uncooperative with me. They turned me down. When I went to reapply, they said I had the wrong password. I clicked the lost password link and heard nothing from them. I also e-mailed customer support and zip - haven't heard a word.

6. Carol the Writer profile image78
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

I was going to email the Customer Support Team, but there was no link given. I guess I will wait. Amazon has lots of great stuff for sale, and I imagine they have things that stay in stock longer.