jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)

How come celebrity hubs get so much traffic

1. rumbling profile image37
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

I recently made a hub about a celebrity to in the hope of getting it to rank high for that term. I didn't even spend much time on it , it was just an experiment. It's a Sri Lanka actress I'm sure none of you have even heard about but it consistently gets around 70-80 hub views per day and most of them is from HubPages :S , I know that internal linking plays a part in getting traffic but since none of my other hubs get this much traffic. Is this normal for celebrity lenses or its just an anomaly ?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

They are popular but don't get any revenue from them hmm least that's what the word around HP is. Hope that helps.

1. Ronaldos profile image79
      Ronaldosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree. What you want is organic traffic. Everyone at HP knows internal traffic here is not of any benefit to you. Try working on some other ideas. Besides, Dame Scribe is right, you are not going to make anything out of that hub in the long and short run of it.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if hubpages traffic is really so useless for us? I know we should not click each others google ads but I know amazon is alright with it as they don't pay unless they make a sale. My thought is that google rates our pages by the traffic they generate and how often that traffic actually sticks around and does not 'bounce', do they actually care where you are getting that traffic from so long as the page is popular? I have the impression that google is looking to rank highly those pages and sites that are popular. Yes on the surface internal traffic is not profitable (unless we buy each others amazon stuff) I just am not convinced that there is no domino effect that might lead to better ranking with google, thus more traffic, thus more click throughs.

3. pisco profile image61
    piscoposted 7 years ago

Well the answer is really on the topic, celebrity = fame = hits, i am starting to write on some famous names also, and i can relate to huge increase in hits, about revenue i still dont know, but it must be lower than an article of a specific product, that is for sure.

And it is harder to relate a celebrity with something that can be bought or clicked for some interest.

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

What kinds of ads does google put on these types of pages?

I ask because while its a long shot people do spend money on the gossip mags n such.

Is there an internet version of these mags that would show up as ads?

5. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Everyone likes gossip unless it is about them.

1. visitmaniac profile image61
      visitmaniacposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL very well put

2. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

beautifully put ralwus.

6. rumbling profile image37

In my case the ads are related , some are regarding Sri Lanka and some are about Indian celebrities , so I guess they are related enough.

7. mymagicview profile image51
    mymagicviewposted 7 years ago

I have so many celebrity hubs and they are getting 0-5 hits (each) every day...So I don't think celebrity hubs get so much traffic, if there are so many articles already written on them.

8. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

suppose it depends on who the celebrity is, write one about BRAD PITT I WILL READ IT

1. futurenetads profile image61
      futurenetadsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your  right

9. Jery profile image60
    Jeryposted 7 years ago

I think if your goal is to make money with AdSense you have to be aware of what the keywords you are targeting will pay. If you target keywords that cost advertisers $.05, well you aren't going to make much money regardless of how much traffic you can generate. If you target keywords that cost advertisers $35.00 you of course can make bank with just a few clicks. If I'm writing something (hub, post, article, whatever)and my goal is targeted traffic, and AdSense money I ALWAYS spend time doing keyword research, to:

1. Target a keyword or phrase I think I can rank for.
    2. Target a keyword or phrase that will pay what I want to earn for a click.

10. rumbling profile image37

Thank you all for the replies and the advice , As I mentioned its a Sri Lankan celebrity most of you haven't even heard about so that is why I was a bit surprised about the amount of traffic hug pages generated.Anyway as most of you have mentioned I didn't earn much from that traffic.
    Anyway my experiment was whether I could get it to rank quickly and high in the search engines just because its a hub. No back links ,no social book marking just a hub.Although it's in the second page for the actress name I'm getting search engine traffic from related terms like sexy , photos , videos , biography and some totally unrelated ones like actress armpit , indian mallu etc which is totally beyond my comprehension

11. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

The world loves celebrities, we live in a celebrity culture and I guess as long there are celebrities there are going to be people who want to read about them. Yes even me, I read the celebrity stuff too, I know shame on me!lol

12. Internetwriter62 profile image87
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

I agree, I write a lot about service celebrities, such as Kim Woodburn or Susan Powter. I do get a good score for those. I think is it because people often search the web to learn more about famous people.

13. tobey100 profile image62
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

I would say because alot of people have no life of their own and live vicariously through the stars.  Or, maybe not.

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this must be true..
      I have no idea why there is such fascination with celebrities.
      I think it's crazy the amount of people that buy those check out tabloids... come on who cares??? most of it isn't true anyway.

they're just people who made it big.

14. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

You can always write about me lol

1. tobey100 profile image62
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

We wouldn't be able to write anything bad!!

15. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

More people search for celebrities than nearly anything else, strange culture we live in!