jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

Summary Text

1. amy jane profile image84
    amy janeposted 8 years ago

Hi - I'm kind of new to creating hubs and  I was hoping someone could explain a little about summary text.  What are the advantages of writing it instead of having it done automatically? What is the goal of it exactly?

1. knolyourself profile image61
      knolyourselfposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Excellent question since it produced excellent answers, and made me aware
      of possibilities I was formerly ignorant.

2. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image77
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 8 years ago

Summary text is what shows both on search engines and on the "Hot," "Best" or "Latest" Hubs pages. It gives readers an idea of what you're covering in your hub. When it is generated automatically, it usually just takes the first couple of sentences of your hub by default. Those sentences don't often give the reader a good idea of what your hub is about. If you write a clear, short summary, it will let potential readers know what they can expect from your hub.

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard smile

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Is a useful place to put in your key adsense words, this helps get the higher paying ads listed on your hub, so long as they relate closely to your hub you could increase your earning potential by wording your summary text according to the highest cpc words for your topic.....jimmy

4. amy jane profile image84

Hi Colleen,

Thank you so much for explaining this...I'm a little clueless about these things.
    And thank you for the warm welcome!

5. amy jane profile image84

Okay, feeling clueless again...

Jimmy, what does cpc stand for?

Thanks for the help!

6. Caryl Oliver profile image48
    Caryl Oliverposted 8 years ago

cpc = cost per click - this is what advertisers pay for google ads

7. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Posted by Paul Deeds 5 weeks ago, from this thread

8. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

Wow! I'm sure glad this forum subject caught my eye!  I should have known this, but most of my hubs begin with a disclaimer I believed to be necessary so readers would know they were columns written before I retired. Thanks to all of you, I have begun using new Summary Text paragraphs that will help readers know what the hubs are about. The disclaimer still begins the hub. I can't thank all of you enough for making me aware of this. Thanks. Thanks.

9. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

This is helpful to me too, and maybe I should just start a new thread, but I want to insert a You Tube video into a hub that I am writing.  I have the link, and put that in, but I really want to have the video all set up and visible, so all the reader has to do is press play.  How do I do that?

Thanks all!

10. caspar profile image82
    casparposted 8 years ago

You just need to add a video capsule and paste the Youtube link into it.  Then it will show as a video ready to play in your hub. smile

11. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

OK - thank you so much!!!  Steph