jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Adsense Changes, Opting In or Opting Out?

1. 0
    Ryan Kettposted 7 years ago

The new stuff with competing advertisers, have people opted in for this or opted out?

Apparently we can do so now? Would be interested to see whether people have seen any changes?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I've just started to approve ads using the new features.  I have AdSense on my personal site as well as here.  I can't say things have shown any changes yet, but I have been able to get rid of ads that I felt were really objectionable or which were obviously for scams/rip-offs. 

I usually like to let a few months go by to have enough data to test program changes.

1. 0
      Ryan Kettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Errrmmm.....Ok, I am still hesitant (or just risk adverse!) thanks for your reply. It's one that I am going to keep an eye on I think. I cant see how there would be anything wrong in principle, but I am a little worried about fixing something which (at the moment) Isn't really broken for me...

Cheers again for your reply, would be grateful if you could keep me/us updated if you noticed any significant changes to income etc big_smile

1. Whitney05 profile image70
        Whitney05posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ditto... What's the point if fiddling with something that isn't broke. Things could be better, but I'm not touching anything unless I have to.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I'm glad to get rid of a few ad categories that were extremely poor earners so that ads with much higher earning returns run instead.

Why wouldn't you want that?

4. Sophia Heresford profile image83
    Sophia Heresfordposted 7 years ago

Hmmm. I think I need to learn more about these options. Thanks for the thread.