jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Creating Links to Other Hubbers

1. ripplemaker profile image89
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

Is it alright to put some links (of other hubbers) in my hub?  I'm currently writing a hub and saw some great articles that I would like the reader to read also.  Do I need to ask permission from the hubber?

2. lavenderstreak profile image61
    lavenderstreakposted 8 years ago

I don't have a clue, but it sounds like a good idea. I'm still learning my way around here myself and will be interested in hearing more about this.

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Normally this shouldn't be a problem, cause you are doing a favor to another hubber this way. People could have some misconceptions, though. And not only people, I remember one big news agency trying to sue somebody for incoming links big_smile They obviously don't understand the business they are in...

4. Caryl Oliver profile image48
    Caryl Oliverposted 8 years ago

I would have thought this is exactly what the Hub is all about - the more we can cross reference each other the better it appears to be.

I have picked up some really interesting information from Hubbers and will certainly direct others to read their stuff as appropriate - just as I would be flattered for anyone to direct others to my hubs.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I do it all the time, and don't ask.  I'm not stealing the content, simply promoting it.

6. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I don't think it would be a problem. If it involves quoting an excerpt that's going to be longer then a sentence or two then maybe it's a good idea to get permission.

7. Lela Davidson profile image82
    Lela Davidsonposted 8 years ago

Actually, I just linked to one of Stacie's Hubs yesterday.  I wrote a summary Hub for some of my Valentine's articles and she has an amazing one on crafts with tons of pictures!  I loved it and linked with a short description.

8. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

ACTUALLY, you can make money doing that.  Check out the URL tracker program.  If you put a link to another hub into your hub, and use the URL tracker link, you get a share of the impressions of that page.

It has some strange rules, however, and you're not going to make a lot of money.  I currently have 138 impressions, and have made .10.

Here's the link to sign up, or just go to your account page and click on the URL Trackers link.

9. belief713 profile image79
    belief713posted 8 years ago

I also have seen some really good content and other hubbers articles. In fact there have been a few articles I wanted to write, but felt like I couldn't compete with what other hubbers have on that subject, so kind of threw my idea out the window! smile The content and info on this site is great, which is why I love it and am doing my best to do the same by keeping my info informative.

If you want to know how to link to other hubbers sites, you just paste your tracking url (find it in the my account section) like this...

I just learned that the other day from the pdf file...

10. ripplemaker profile image89
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

Thanks guys for the info and tips.  Just making sure if it's okay.  :-)  Lela I'll be reading your hub and the link you made after this.