jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

What To Write About

1. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

You have a choice ...

Write as a ghostwriter about a celebrity and make a million dollars ... but the contract stipulates you can never admit to being the writer or you have to pay it all back

or ...

Write as yourself about a famous person and become famous yourself, but all of the money must go to charity to get the story

Which do you chose?

Quietly rich or famously poor?

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

famously poor. it is very hard to get published these days. one smashing success would bring about other literary opportunities, hence millions of dollars, so in the end you would be famous AND rich smile

2. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I choose famously poor. I want ppl to know who I am but I would gladly give the money to charity...becausel ike someone else said if this gets me noticed then others will want my work and then I will collect money from those projects.

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'd probably take the million(s) of dollars, hopefully invest some of it wisely to earn more, let some of it gain interest, and give what I wanted to charity on my own terms.

Then I could also have the freedom and time to write as myself, whether I would become successful or not.  I don't care about fame at all.  In fact, I wouldn't want it.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I'd choose quietly rich.

4. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Famously poor.  Fame alone will somehow generate you some income.  A website under your name will make you bank among other things.  Good things come to those that give, I guess.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ahhhhhhh that is so sweet smile

5. elisabethkcmo profile image79
    elisabethkcmoposted 7 years ago

Quietly rich
    I can still give to charity
    never interested in fame

6. pageantgirl31413 profile image87
    pageantgirl31413posted 7 years ago

Quietly rich cause I'm not into becoming famous. I don't think I'd like all the attention.

7. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

I had to scroll down quickly so I would not be influenced by the answers, LOL, but I made this question seem very real to me, took a deep breath, and decided "quietly rich", would work for me. I could do charity on my own. smile

8. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

9. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

quietly rich~~~~

10. 0
    rednckwmnposted 7 years ago

can I pick neither? cuz I dont want to write about a celebrity.
    I would pick, being the editor for said writer, with a normal paycheck and no recogniiton. I like being helpful more then money or a spotlight. but the writer has to do spell check on their own..  maybe I could just go get coffee for everyone? smile

11. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Quietly rich.

12. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

I would chose quietly rich, but I would donate away quite a bit of it. smile