jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Why does your score drop?

1. belief713 profile image79
    belief713posted 9 years ago

It seems like each time I add a new hub, my overall hub score drops. It usually creeps back up again, but I was wondering if anyone knows why it does this? Or is it just me?

1. makemoneyonline profile image59
      makemoneyonlineposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Once you reach about 90 points it would oscillate like that. My own score fluctuates between 91 and 94 so I don't care any more smile.

2. caspar profile image82
      casparposted 9 years ago in reply to this

When you make a new hub, it starts with a fairly low score, which would cause your average hub score to drop (this will have a more pronounced effect if you only have a few hubs like me).

That could make your overall author hubscore drop slightly then creep up again as the score of the new hub increases as it gains traffic.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 9 years ago

No HubScores (hub or authors) are fixed or permanent.  They go up and down a bit, sort of like how ocean tides go in and out.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

That's right and a good analogy. A new hub upsets the "balance" and make movement in the tide.

Great imagery - it's like blood pressure, a continuous variable, always changing.

4. belief713 profile image79

Thanks for your replies. I figured it had something to do with the newer hubs having lower scores...but I wasn't sure. All of your answers make sense and were helpful. Thanks again!

5. belief713 profile image79

Earlier today my score was 93...now it's down to 88. Should I be worried? How do I bring it back up?

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Don't be worried about it.

Publish good content, get indexed by Search Engines and if you know how to promote your pages online and offline then that's all that matters.

6. relache profile image87

They go up and down, and then up again.. and then down again..

Lather, rinse, repeat.

7. belief713 profile image79

Ok, I just got worried. Thanks for confirming that it's normal!

8. cece1000 profile image61
    cece1000posted 9 years ago

I'm new to Hubpage and I had the same question but my would be question has been answered partially. 

Thanks

9. Mschanl profile image71
    Mschanlposted 9 years ago

Hi there,

This is driving me crazy. Earlier today, my personal hubscore was at the highest 92, while my best hub was at 91. Now, my best hub (how to create a successful website) slowly dropped to 81(I really worked hard on this) while my personal hub is 89. All these today.This is scaring me.:-(

10. relache profile image87

How to Improve your HubScore has a few things to say about score fluctuations....

working