jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Help...new Hubber!!!

1. eunoia69 profile image59
    eunoia69posted 7 years ago

Hello all. I spent a few hours last week trying to find my way around this excellent site. I then found myself super-nervous at the prospect of publishing my first hub! However, today, I jumped. I would really appreciate any feedback at all on this hub. All suggestions will be truly welcome. Many thanks. I feel better already!!! :-)

2. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 7 years ago

Not so bad....

Keeeeeep writtttttting

eunoia69posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You have no idea how so few words can cheer someone up!! Many thanks, jacobkuttyta.

1. 0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are you married? If not, do you like bald-headed men?

3. rumbling profile image35
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

You do make a good point in your hub in a funny sort of a way. Since your giving your opinion on something I guess its ok to add them all in one text box. One thing I can suggest is changing your hub title , You are talking about wasting money for personal space travel when it could have being used to build wells and many other  humanitarian efforts etc and "Ground Control to Mr Clown" doesn't reflect that. Good luck with HubPages it truly is a great place to hang around and learn lots of new things

eunoia69posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Great comment Rumbling. As you can see I am a fresher here, and still grappling with the best presentation to use. Many thanks!

4. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

euno - read your hub - nicely done smile

I know that jacob left a comment saying it needs more words - it's fine as it is. The word count is roughly 650 and as it's opinion based, it's long enough. I (usually) aim for between 500 - 800 words.

I'd advise you to break the text up - use maybe three separate text capsules. Include a few pictures capsules too - and I'm sure you could drum up a video. You can arrange the capsules to suit your text - I have a hub that offers a reading list for new hubbers - you'll find a lot on there.

Relache is also a great point of reference for new hubbers as well - check her 'how to' hubs - about improving your hubs ...
    relache hubs

Make better use of headers and the summary capsule - again, all can be found in the above, plus the FAQ section, written by the Hubteam.

Good luck on your next hubs and welcome to hubpages big_smile

5. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Just had a read, you've made a good start, welcome to hubpages.