jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

1. steffer profile image58
    stefferposted 7 years ago

I think it would be great to get working banners on hubpages, specially for the marketers among us, can this be a very valuable tool.

So in this case people can press a banner, and go to the site, instead of placing the banner and then the link seperatly.

I treid with the html tag, but the only thing i get then is some kind of code on my hub, and not what the html was supposed for.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Since HubPages does not wish for Hubs to be built as landing pages or to solely promote other websites, I think it's good that they don't allow authors to add banners to pages.  After all, that does seem to be what they are primarily used for, especially by marketers.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I agree. Remember that HubPages earns its money through Adsense.  Given that, it's surprising they allow us to use other adverts at all, because they're in competition with the Adsense ads.

Allowing us to include banners would really dilute their ad revenue - as well as encouraging spammers even more, as Relache says.

4. 0
    TMinutposted 7 years ago

relache, what is a landing page? I understand that HubPages doesn't want the things mentioned in the thread but I don't know the term landing page - seems like that would be where people end up. Since it's not considered a good thing though, I assume I'm wrong so maybe it's like where people LEAVE from?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A landing page is a website which is designed solely to redirect people to somewhere else.

5. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

As someone who builds landing pages, I would say there is little possibility of using a hubpage as a landing page.

A landing page is the site that one arrives on AFTER clicking an ad or banner.

This page will be created usually to capture lead information or a sign up.

Adwords uses the landing page term to refer to the page one lands/arrives on AFTER clicking on an ad.(regardless of its intent)

i still dont support the OP's request but i am surprised that hubpages misuses the lingo in such a way.

You could of course create ads and have your hub be the "landing page" but that would be foolish since you would lose 40% of your clicks off the bat and with a "landing page" the search engine benefits of hubs has no relevance.