AdSense says I need to post this statement proving I own the site...

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. gary777g profile image65
    gary777gposted 14 years ago

I read all the topics and threads and sorry if I missed the answer to this somewhere - but Hubpages asks me "do you have an AdSense account" and I DO NOT...  AdSense denied me, since I do not own www.hubpages.com.  I realise that there is where the problem lies, but not how to fix it.  They asked me do I own the site (and I don't think there is anything that I can say I 'own').  They said I could fix it by posting a statement somewhere that I adhere to Google's terms and conditions...  Where/how exactly am I supposed to post their little ditty and thus prove I own the site?  I'm a novice at this, and a bit confused, sorry.  Please help. Thank you in advance.  Gary

1. Ronaldos profile image60
      Ronaldosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I note that you are rather new to Hp. Give your hubs a few days to "settle" in and try again. You can only apply for your adsense account once you "own" some hubs to HP. I assume you have applied a while ago since Google takes up to 6 weeks for adsense approval, however, i dont think you had any hubs by then. Try again in a few days.

gary777gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Ronaldos, for your reply.  I did wait to apply to AdSense, as suggested, until I had some things for them to look at.  It was the URL problem, not the lack of content.  I'm not sure how to fix the URL that AdSense has for me, now that I have given them the wrong one, I don't think the instructions they have given me to fix the problem address the real issue of the wrong url.

2. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gary,

Im a little confused at your question, but heres my guess, you were denied by adsense because you put www.hubpages.com as your URL , try again and put

http://hubpages.com/profile/gary777g

as your url

You should probably be accepted, you are correct you cannot place the proof of ownership code anywhere, so just retry with the correct url.

When you are, scroll down to the bottom of your new adsense console page and you will find a code ( ca-pub-6736547612764 )

something like that, insert that into the appropriate place in the "affilaite settings" tab in your hubpages account and your all set to earn, good luck!

Dear Sunforged,
        Yes, you are correct - that is exactly what i did do.  Here is the response:

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:

- Domain ownership not evident

---------------------

Further detail:

Domain ownership: To complete our review, we need to confirm your
        ownership of the site you've submitted. Please follow the steps below:

1. Access the source code of www.hubpages.com.
        2. Create a separate page on the site and paste "This post confirms my
        ownership of the site and that this site adheres to Google AdSense program
        policies and Terms and Conditions."
        3. Resubmit the application as described below after replacing
        www.hubpages.com in the 'Website URL' with the URL of the page where you
        have pasted the snippet.

I now know (thankyou Sunforged) what I did wrong.  But I do not know how to fix it.

UPDATE:  I WAS able to simply resubmit my application with the corrected URL!  They said I should receive a reply in 1-2 days.  I will let you know how that goes.  Thank you for your help!  Gary

2. gary777g profile image65

hey sunforged, thanks for your help!  AdSense up and running!  Gary

2. Ronaldos profile image60
    Ronaldosposted 14 years ago

He was denied so i doubt he has a adsense account. Considering the fact that Google takes a while to approve an adsense account and his hub ratio and dates, i doubt Google had anything to look at when he applied. A blank page i guess. Let his current hubs just settle, maybe add another one or twp and re-apply. Like sonforged said, do add the correct url though!

UPDATE:  Google AdSense up and running!  Thanks for your help.  : ) Gary

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Gary, do you have a blog on blogger?  If not, start one up & then use that as your door into google adsense.  I couldn't get adsense from just writing on hubpages, but once I started a blog on blogger, I was able to get it & was approved promptly.  HTH.  Another helpful hint, get a gmail email, its google, as is blogger.

Hi Jane,  Thanks for your reply!  Yes, I have a blog (don't use it though I should) and I had an idea that for my email I might have a better response if I used my gmail account GMTA  smile
      Sunforged got me on the right track.  I was able to simply resubmit my application with the proper URL.  You are right though, couldn't hurt to start Blogging...  I got that thing so long ago - when they invented the word!  I hope I can remember my log-in!  Gary

2. gary777g profile image65

UPDATE:  Google AdSense up and running!  : )  Thanks!

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

This is interesting - just goes to show that if you're in the right country, having only a few Hubs is no barrier to joining Adsense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)