jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

how to get capsules to stay in position

1. Jery profile image61
    Jeryposted 7 years ago

I just published this hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Whats-My-Credit-Score-Now and even though everything is in place prior to publishing, afterwards the text and Amazon capsules separate. I had this problem before but it resolved itself after a day. This time no such luck. I maybe doing something wrong (not the first time;o) Anyway, ideas?

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

go into the edit mode, and move them back to where you want them. re-save and see if that helps.

sometimes the capsules are funny like that.

if you're moving them around using the side bar, make sure to hit the reorder now button or they won't stick in place.

3. Jery profile image61
    Jeryposted 7 years ago

Hi Whitney,
    Hey I've done that and everything else I can think of over and over. I've published other hubs with no problems at all, but once in a while this seems to happen. I wonder if it happens more during hubpages busy times? Just give it more time? I don't know but I seem to be a magnet for little technical blurps like that lol.

4. Jery profile image61
    Jeryposted 7 years ago

I think I found out what was going on with my capsules, and figured I would share that so as to give this thread a conclusion. Just above the capsule in question I had a text capsule and an Amazon capsule side by side. Now I think the problem was the Amazon capsule was a bit long with three products, when I shortened it to just two the other capsule would then stay in place. Anyway hope this helps someone out at some point in time;o)

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Jery, do you use the Preview button before you publish?  Then you'd see that kind of problem. 

I find that using the sidebar and the "reorder now" button sometimes doesn't work. Using the green arrows works every time.

5. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

It does align correctly every time silly peoples. The problem is the ad's push the capsules as they are inserted in different positions. Thats why all capsules are movable. Most of the time, in the preview that will be what the final result would look like!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've found the "reorder now" method sometimes doesn't work - but as I use the Preview button to check, I pick it up before it's published.