Anyone ready to join me for an October Challenge?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 136 discussions (258 posts)
  1. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

Ok. I'm gonna do my best. Wish me luck because this will be my first hubchallenge. smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'll have fun.  You'll see how much easier it gets as you do it. You get better at everything.  If you need help, holler.  This is my 4th challenge.

2. VivBounty profile image63
    VivBountyposted 14 years ago

OK, I'm in. This is my first challenge too so please wish me luck yikes

Good luck! You'll have fun too!  Just holler if you need help.  Nelle and I both are willing to help anyway we can.  So are the other members of the HubChallenge team.  Like Ryan Hupfer, Ryan Kett, Darkside, Julie-Ann Amos, Melissa and Waynet.

1. VivBounty profile image63
        VivBountyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks KCC and the whole team. I'm so excited. I fully intend to have fun, and already am! Planning and hoping to finish 2 hubs per day to catch up and have 30 by Oct 31st.

Off to write!

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

You guys will do great. KCC runs a great challenge. Lots of fun and encouragement.

And welcome to Hubpages!

Thanks Nelle!  I appreciate all your help !  It's a team effort.

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Everyone is doing awesome. I just got #10 for the month done and published. I think I am a bit ahead of schedule, lol.

Wow, you're doing fantastic! Keep it up! Every bit you do ahead of schedule means that much more in potential revenue, etc.  It also gives you some breathing room if you decide to take a day off.  Keep it up!

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually have a personal goal of getting 15 done by tomorrow night so I can take Thurs and Fri off. Cat is having surgery and we are moving some furnishings around starting Thurs in prep for daughter moving to AZ.

I have 11 under my belt since the beginning of Oct. This has really been the kick in the pants I needed.

That's awesome!  Keep up the good work!  Enjoy the couple of days off. Who knows, you may find some inspiration for more hubs while doing all of that.

5. profile image0

Okday KCC just finished my 9th Ebay hub. I've got Christmas music playing in the house now to get in the mood.

You ARE dedicated!  Christmas music and all!  I've got to write some hubs geared towards Christmas.  I have been concentrating on finishing some of my unfinished hubs first.  I have a few more and I started one last night for this week's HubMob Topic. 

Hey guys and gals, if you haven't tried one of the HubMob topics, you should.  Because of the publicity they get and the RSS feeds, etc. you get a lot of pageviews on these.  My number one hub was a HubMob topic hub.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago
  7. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Habee, have you posted these hubs in the regular HubChallenge forum too?  If not, you really should post them there instead of here.  We're trying to keep them all in one place so that people can find them easier and don't get too confused about what should go where.

This is where to post them:

Your HubChallenge Hub Links

By the way....you're kicking butt, girlfriend!  Keep it up!

8. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Hi KCC, hi guys, the hubchallenge feels nice Hun? lol
    Posted 5 hubs done in 5 days. I think i'll take it in 6 batches of 5 hubs each.
    Easier to tackle in chunks for me.

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry! I thought this was where I was supposed to post them!

LOL...no problem....you're not in trouble!

10. livingsta profile image92
    livingstaposted 14 years ago

I wish to join this challenge. I have a doubt, does this challenge run from 1st till 31st of october. if yes, can i add all those hubs that i have done so far this month. Look forward to hear from you soon. cheers!!!

Well, you have a choice.  The HubChallenge I proposed here was to be the calendar month of October.   However, we have the regular HubChallenge that runs 30 days from whenever you want to start it.  It's all the same thing.  I just like operating on a calendar month because it makes keeping up with what day you're on much easier.  So, welcome aboard whichever you decide.  You can count from whenever you want.  All the links go to same place no matter what you decide.  If you have more questions, holler at me here or email me.

Welcome aboard!

11. profile image0

go ahead and start with what you want. KCC runs on the month as do I but some of the others are starting their thirty days when then make the commitment to it.

Thanks for helping out there...I didn't read your reply until after I had answered.  smile

12. profile image0

You're welcome.

13. VivBounty profile image63

So I did some reading. Figured out that if I'm going to Tweet about my challenge to use the #HubChallenge tag.

Also wondered since I've been somewhat floundering my 1st 2 weeks here, even had 1st hub unpublished and republished in accordance with T.O.S., could I use my first 2 hubs which were done not quite in October but almost? I posted them in the hub challenge thread, just in case.

I read in the forum that I should blog about taking the hub challenge and use one of the images provided which I did in my blogger blog. Is that correct or did it mean, start a hub about taking the 30-day challenge?

I'm on a roll now as I proceed awaiting any correction anyone cares to share. Today will be 4th hub if my 1st 2 count.

You can do it however you want.  The 30 day HubChallenge runs any 30 day period you want.  All the reading you did about tags and blogging and images is all correct. No need to write a hub about starting the challenge.  Good luck, sounds like you're off to a great start!

14. VivBounty profile image63

Thanks KCC for the clarification and encouragement always. Almost finished #4.

15. profile image0

Okday KCC #10 is done.

I finished it this morning but I forgot to publish it. So the Christmas carols are cranked up, I've got my elf hat on. (I can't find my elf ears...but I know their somewhere around here somewhere.) And I'm getting my Ebay hubs ready for Christmas.

You've heard of method actors who have to live their part, well I'm a method hubber and marketeer, I have to live my product niche. There's probably a reason that I work alone, with no co-workers nearby!

16. KCC Big Country profile image85

Somehow I can picture you in this elf outfit...LOL  You're really doing well with those ornament hubs.  I have yet to find my Christmas niche.  sad

17. profile image0

My husband loves it when I work on my muscle car site. I play the beach boys and drink beer.

18. profile image0

Okay KCC, I've just completed #11.

Carmen, first of all no offence taken by your question. I'm not KCC but I'll take a stab at answering as well.

Once you write a hub, the income keeps coming - month after month. And my income from Hubpages isn't "just a few hundred dollars" every month anymore. Between adsense, Ebay, and Amazon it is really starting to add up.

What many of us are shooting for is a residual income stream. One young lady, who is a college student, worked very hard this summer at making hubs, and she delightedly is continuing to earn money off of them every month.

19. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Haha I thought it was going to be an October HubChallenge to write 30 Halloween hubs...

20. KCC Big Country profile image85

Carmen, I don't take offense either.  Like Nelle said, it's about the residual income.  It takes time to build that.  This is the time where the income level doesn't match the work level.  However, there comes a point where the work is far less than the income generated.  Nelle is a great example of that.

There are other reasons I, or others, write here:

Build a writing portfolio
    Drive traffic to other money-making sites or ventures
    Improve skills that will assist you in other writing jobs
    Gauge the reception of proposed topics/projects by getting feedback
    Have a second source of income without having to leave home (this is perfect for people with small children)
    It costs nothing to do it-what is to lose by doing it?
    Theraputic-allows you to vent and sort out your life

And many more.....

21. teendad profile image59
    teendadposted 14 years ago

I joined HP over three weeks ago and I've been writing a hub almost every day ever since. I think it will be fun to join your challenge to keep me motivated. Like you said, what have I got to lose?

You're doing fantastic Teendad!  Keep up the good work! I saw where posted two new hubs just ahead of me in the other thread.  Welcome to the challenge!

22. profile image0

Number 12 is done. Yep more ornaments. I've found the elf ears, decorated myself, and I'm typing like crazy. I know that this is the best way to prepare for Christmas madness.

I've been thinking about how a 30-day challenge really is a great way to focus on a niche. Analyze in depth on a multitude of keyword searches and go for all of those 4- and 5-word long-tail searches. Eeek out every last ounce of revenue I say!

23. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 14 years ago

I am staring again.  After having completed my first HubChallenge in 60 days I am hoping to complete this one in 30 days.

Here is my first hub for this second challenge http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Twitter-phenomenon

24. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

I have been busy over at eHow trying to increase the income to a three figure income to what I have over here on hubpages.

Here is my  hub for this second challenge

http://hubpages.com/hub/Obamawinsnobelpeaceprize 

25. profile image0

Great to see you guys participating in KCC's October Challenge. Just a gentle reminder to post your hub links in the topic at the top of the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Hubchallenge Forum.

This topic is just to let us see how everyone is doing and who's joining up with KCC.

Here's the link http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

26. lbtrader profile image61
    lbtraderposted 14 years ago

It's October ninth and it seems like a good day to start on 30 hubs.

Count me in.

I have my first one in and a theme. It should be a delight.

27. profile image0

Welecome to KCCs challenge lbtrader. She runs quite the party, we've been having a great time.

28. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm in, on and with it. I thought I'd wait a week, to see if I could get over my procrastination smile

I shall now go and dutifully post the first batch in the correct place smile

Good to be on-board KCC and Nelle. I see you girls and guys are getting off to a great start big_smile

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping this includes the funeral etiquette hub....smile

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle I was going to publish it in the book of frog. I was attempting to separate my stupid self from my trying-to-earn-enough-extra-money-to-have-a-home self.

And so, just for you, I will pop it beneath my froggy feet - and duly deliver it in the 30 in 30. It will be an early Christmas Present, from me to thee smile

1. profile image0

That is soooo sweet. I don't think that there's any need to have separate selves. You never know what which hub will be a money maker.

Ahhhh lol I would love to say my fun stuff makes money. A couple make a little. But one or two get me the inbox kicking from senstive folks or those that lack a sense of humor.

And I started to confuse people. So I separated them. But anyway - It's being written. Or was. Now I'm playing out again big_smile

1. profile image0

FD don't upset the sensitive ones on my account. I can wait. (Do you have an inaginary pal that I need to fan?)

In any event KCC I've finished another HubChallenge Hub. Ebay accounting is confusing the heck out of me, but I shall cotinue to write Ebay hubs and figure it iout.

Nelle just spotted this. My other me is just 'the book of frog'. But I stuck yours in my normal account anyway, as per your idea. Which you know because you read it thankyou smile

And I sure hope you're ok. Try and relax and take it easy Nelle. I know we women have a habit of coping when sometimes we really should lay back and rest wink

The last time I got the flu I was borderline in serious trouble. I scraped through by the seat of my pants. Lost five days. I honestly can't remember a thing. I lost weight though big_smile

Anyway, good going with the hubs. I haven't written one single product review type all challenge. I should but I don't know that I'm any good at them.

29. profile image50
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Count me in and forget 30 I am gunning for 50 good Hubs in the month of October, no more farting, much more Arting, watch the 50 hubs get posted this month smile

1. profile image0

I'm looking forward to more heart-health tips. I've just finished my yoga class and am eating a large vegetable salad with nuts and apples.

1. profile image50
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know I used to be really into Yoga, deff must get back into it as it does calm you, and 4 new Hubs will be published over the weekend to push me ahead of target. My new aim now is 50 Hubs in the month of October !

30. KCC Big Country profile image85

Hey everybody!  Rest assured I've read each post above this one, it's now difficult to address each one individually.  Glad to have you all aboard!  Thanks Nelle for welcoming them in my absence and for reminding everyone to please post your hublinks in the forum designed for that so that we can keep it all neat and tidy and people can all go to one place to find what the HubChallengers are doing!

I've been noticing a lot of good hubs coming out of this group!  There are people who believe that having a challenge encourages sloppy substandard hubs because people are rushing things.  I couldn't DISAGREE more! I find that people tend to crank out far better hubs when they're focused and participating in a challenge.  There will always be that odd one that makes us all look like a fool, but hey...I'm here to have fun and to write! 

Good luck to everyone and feel free to email me anytime if you have a question, need help, or just want to say 'hi'.

KCC

31. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

Ok I know that I am coming to the party a little late.  I will try to crank out 30 before the 11th of November.

32. profile image0

I've finished my 14th ebay christmas hub for the KCC October Challenge.

Falling a bit behind my pace because I'm sick with the flu. Who knows what kind of flu or if it's really the flu. But I'm trying to stay motivated to get something done.

33. profile image0

You shouldn't worry about product hubs, you should be yourself. But of course there is that need of lodging. So maybe you should throw a few together.

I shall take care of my health. After my little female operation last month, I also had an infection issue and it seems to be one thing after another. But I continue to be so grateful for the words, "you're fine, no cancer" that everything else is a cakewalk. I am forcing liquids, sipping hot and spicy chicken soup, and not doing much at all.

Thank you again for my funeral hub - i have a very dark humor sometimes.

34. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

KCC, I want to thank you for the Motivation you gave me in starting this Challenge, however I'm not happy about all these issues of Hubs seen on other sites. I know Maddie resolved the Shiftm, shiftn etc but others have come to light since then and even before then. Ryan's discovered another one this morning.

I will continue to write but will publish them once in a while instead of working my bones off only to have them copied. (Shiftm did copy some of my recent stuff, so even if people are still stealing Hubs I'll know that I wrote them in my own time.

I hope I'm making sense. The Challenge does burn you out and is worth it (I did the 30 day one) but if people are stealing it, then to me its not worth stressing myself. I'd rather publish them once in a while. (I know I've kind of repeated myseslf in this paragraph. lol)

Thanks for your understanding and I really wish the group good luck. smile
    Elena

That's entirely up to you and I do understand. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.  I'm still here if you need help or support.

Since you addressed me, I hope you don't mind me telling you where I stand on the copying issue.

None of us want our material copied and then used for the financial gain of someone else.  That bites the big one and it hurt me as well.  It's unfair, it's unethical, it's downright dirty.  However, it's reality.  This copying crap isn't new, it's only new to us.  We have to learn to deal with it.  We deal with it by getting smarter about how to prevent it and file the necessary complaints and not let people get away with it.

I'll be damned if I let it slow me down.  In fact, I want to write twice as many hubs.  I hope they have trouble keeping up with copying what I have to say.

35. profile image0

Back on track. Published another Ebay hub this morning.

Focused on the biggest retail selling season of them all. If there was ever a time to write a hub it's now.

I couldn't agree more Nelle! I had stopped to check out some other forum topics and honestly, I've never seen more complaining.  Of course, these are the same folks that will be complaining after Christmas about how they didn't make a payout and can't understand why.

Listen up folks, if you are here to make money, NOW is the time to write the hubs to do it.

36. travel_man1971 profile image61
    travel_man1971posted 14 years ago

KCC Big Country, can I call you KCCBC for the moment? I agree with the sentiments of Ms. Nell.

You see, it's been a month since I joined Hubpages.And I'm sensing a big change in me. I easily get irritated nowadays.

Maybe the cause is the long hours I spent every night finishing my hubs. Am I getting a low count of red hemoglobin?

I finished 20 hubs already. I'm already wearing my new pair of eyeglasses for astigmatism.

Can I face your challenge? Okay, I'm preparing now my hub-to-do (HTD) list for possible money-making topics.

I'll just make a shoutout If I finish a set of thirtyhubposts (THP) before the deadline.

37. profile image0

Welecome aboard the KCC challenge travel_man1971.

You don't have to wait until you've finished your hubs to let us know how you're doing. Especially if your irritated and feeling low.

We all support each other in this and that makes it a lot more fun that doing it alone.

It sounds to me like you've been doing the challenge. Four hubs a week is a great start.

38. profile image0

Just finished my 16th Ebay Christmas hub. Working with ebay is starting to feel easier. Learning how to find and select products efficiently is the trick.

39. spudnik8 profile image60
    spudnik8posted 14 years ago

Hey KCC, I'm joining you on this Challenge too smile

40. KCC Big Country profile image85

Travel-man & Spudnik, welcome to the challenge! 

Travel-man, this is supposed to be fun.  Don't stress over it, seriously.  The more you practice at this, the more efficient you become at it and future hubs will take a lot less time to complete.  I know in the beginning, it sometimes seemed a strain to write 500 words.  Now 1000 words flow rather easily.  You also get used to the layouts and you learn little tricks to make things move around quicker. 

If you guys and gals have any questions there are a bunch of us that are more than willing to help!

41. profile image0

How's everybody doing? Tired, drained, lacking motivation. Is it the mid-challenge slump? If the answer is yes. I know that feeling well. But we have to fight it off!

Seriously if you're here to make money, this is the most critical time of the year to keep pushing. In a few weeks it will be too late to make the Christmas selling season.

So if you're a money hubber like me, then go for a brisk walk, think about what you need the money for (like the mortgage, food, and new car) and come back refreshed and ready to work.

Check in and let KCC Big Country (and me) know how you're doing! Can we help in anyway. Let us know.

42. KCC Big Country profile image85

Hey Nelle! I've had so much fun doing some keyword search lately, I almost forgot I need to finish a few hubs.  LOL  I have about 10-12 ideas I'm going to develop over the weekend. I expect to crank out 5-6 hubs in the next day or two that I've been working on. 

Like Nelle said, everyone else doing ok?  Anyone needs some motivation, a nudge, a cheer?

43. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Hi Nelle, I am not officially on this challenge because part of it depends on what happens in my store on a daily hourly basis, but I have been making pretty much one or two hubs a day. smile

1. profile image0

I know I'm a fan of yours, and I see you cranking them out. Hope the gallery business is great too!

1. lakeerieartists profile image63
        lakeerieartistsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Nelle.  Business is going pretty steady in the store.  Right now I am trying to bring things in for the holidays.

44. profile image0

Hey KCC glad you're having fun with keyword research. Looking forward to those hubs.

I've been visting shopping malls and boutiques for inspiration and seeing what the hot trends are. Also reading lots of magazines at the library.

I finished 2 hubs today. Yep more Ebay stuff. It's getting easier to work on Ebay hubs, but I still have an urge (which I'm fighting) to return to Amazon.

I need to figure out how to get into Ebay. I was rejected in the beginning and now I can't get past the beginning steps of the signup process because it recognizes my email address as having applied before.  I really don't want to get another email account just to reapply, but I may have to.

45. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I found the last challenge easier ( well kind of!) to achieve, but i seem to be a bit tired this time. Only published 10 in 2 weeks. I know i just have to finish this challenge because once i get into a challenge, i hate to give up.
    Well i guess the struggle continues....... neutral

46. profile image0

That's the spirit viryabo. 10 in 2 weeks is great. I'm sure things will get easier in the next day or two.

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Nelle. I'm really hoping so. smile

47. profile image0

KCC - Paul Deeds said in another topic that he thought hubbers should wait until hubpages gets the nod from Ebay.

So you have to use another site as your work to get in as well as another email address.

48. profile image0

I have completed #19 Ebay hub. Tired of Christmas ornaments, I moved on to a strategy for affording warm winter coats.

Reading a new book by Laura Day "How to Rule the World from Your Couch" and employed some of her techniques to choose and write the hub topic. We'll see. All very New Age and Earthie Crunchie.

49. Robthom43921717 profile image61
    Robthom43921717posted 14 years ago

Hello

I am new here but i would like to try and write 30 hubs by the end of October. Sound really difficult but i think im up for it.

Hope its not to late to join becuase im not sure how these things work yet

Any help?

thank you

Check your email.

2. profile image0

Very spunky to do 30 by the end of October. Go for it. And if you can't, I say just go for the 30 in 30 days. Whatever helps you get up and write hubs everyday is a great thing. Oh and welcome to hubpages. This is really a great place!

50. profile image0

Just finished another Ebay hub. Raining miserable day in the northeast, might as well write hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)