Anyone ready to join me for an October Challenge?

Jump to Last Post 101-136 of 136 discussions (258 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

The weather only went downhill today. Did you see the snow at the Patriots game? So I changed from writing about Ebay Christmas ornaments to Ebay football memorabilia.

I'm going to have trouble getting to 50 this month, but I'll make at least 30. Blame a case of the flu - whichever one I don't know. But I'm going to keep trying for as many as possible.

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Flu? Yuke! I hope not! Take care! The weather was gorgeous here.  We went out in shorts.  My daughter mowed the grass.

3. profile image0

I just finished another Ebay Christmas hub. It's funny it takes so long to develop new habits. I still really want to work with Amazon. Probably because the Christmas hubs haven't warmed up yet. Realistically it's early for people to be doing their Christmas shopping in earnest. But I do love the instant gratification of sales

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Ok today is the 19th of the month and I just finished up my 21st hub for the hubchallenge.

Where is everybody else at in the monthly challenge?

5. KCC Big Country profile image85

Day 19 and have published 24.  I'm doing ok.  smile

6. profile image0

KCC you are doing great as is everyone else it looks like.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  You're right, it looks like everyone that's speaking up at least is doing ok.  Everyone else ok?

7. profile image0

okay, how's everyone doing? I just finished my 25th Ebay Christmas hub.

Progress Report - I have beat last month's ebay earnings of $26.80 which was from 3 ebay Halloween Hubs and am currently at $38.70. A nice chunk of this is from the Christmas hubs - which surprises me a bit. (Who buys ornaments in October?)

Payout at Ebay is now $25 so I'm glad I made that, because I hate leaving money in other peoples' pocket for a month!

Last month on ebay I was paid a commission on goods purchased, this month it is a PPC model, so I don't know if they are comparable or not. But the goal is to just keep pushing that number as high as I can get it!

You are doing very well! Keep up the great work!  I gave you some backlinks to some of your baby related ornaments in my hub about Baby's First Christmas.  smile

8. profile image0

Wow, Nelle that is great. Wish I could say the same about mine but yeah just barely hit the 10 dollar mark so far. I am thinking of changing things up at the end of the month and starting a different direction but not sure the one I am interested in is going to do much either.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry Lynne, you'll find something. Just keep writing hubs, every single day, and you'll find something that sells. You just have to. The odds are with you!

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Nelle! I have started kinda thinking like you do with the planning thing. I saw where you were starting to think about you November HubChallenge. I actually have one more to finish up the October Challenge then I am going to start working on November which will be geared towards some stuff in January. I'm hoping that helps.

I know I need to get past the 50 hubs mark and have just 5 more to go to get to that and I have a few things I am going to use for that accomplishment this next week while I begin on the November Challenge hubs.

November hopefully will bring me in over 100 hubs since I kind of slacked this month and was able to accomplish the 30/30 in less than the month.

I like the idea of writing ahead and am working to plan out Feb and March now as well.

9. KCC Big Country profile image85

I hadn't even hit the $25 threshold last time in Amazon (it was within cents)...then now, I've quadrupled that. It's taken off well.  I found something that sells purely by accident really.

1. profile image0

Thank you for the links! I usually find my best money makers totally by accident. I plan and plan and plan, and then somthing totally unexpected takes off.

10. profile image0

I just finished my 26th Ebay Christmas hub. Happy with the results I'm seeing for the new hubs.

It doesn't look like I'll make 50 this month - which was the plan. A case of the flu - who knows which one - cut into my productivity. But I'll make at least 30. Deep inside I've got to admit that I'm thinking about my November Hubchallenge.....

11. profile image0

I think this will make a big difference for you Lynne. It gives me a real sense of control and empowerment.

It's a lot of fun to look a ahead and figure out what is going to be my focus. Sometimes it's sports, sometimes an obvious holiday, sometimes it's a movie coming out.

I love walking the malls, reading magazines and doing all sorts of research to figure out what cultural phenom will be my next marketing campaign.

12. profile image0

I've also done some renaming of former hubs and some editing of tags etc over the last few days and it seems to be making a bit of a difference.

I'm actually seeing clicks, no purchases yet, but clicks on Amazon so I am hopeful.

13. profile image0

Ok, so I finished up the October HubChallenge today with my 30th hub in 30. I have a few days left in the month and will be using that time to create the beginning of my November challenge and to reach my goal of 50 hubs by the end of October.

Everyone is doing great. It has been a lot of fun reading the other hubs that were created during this month. I wonder how many in all we have written?

14. KCC Big Country profile image85

That's a good question lynnechandler.  I actually read the link thread before this one, so I congratulated you in the other thread. 

That's one of the reasons we used the "HubChallenge" tag in the other hub challenges so that you could call it up and find out how many hubs had that tag.  But, it's not totally reliable anyway since anyone could put it whether they were in the challenge or not, some could forget and we never distinguished between the different challenges....sooooooo

As I already mentioned in the other forum thread, I plan to start a new challenge November 1.

15. KCC Big Country profile image85

I take it you're feeling better, Nelle?   I actually got a sore throat and began sneezing, runny nose, and fever by Friday so that I ended up going into the doctor since I didn't want to go into the weekend not knowing what I had.  Tested negative for the flu, said it was just the good ole common cold.  I didn't know those still existed.   LOL  Glad to know that's all it is.  I'm much better already.

1. profile image0

I've stopped throwing up, but I'm still taking frequent naps and sleeping 10 hours at night. But my lungs are clear and my breathing is strong and that's what's important if it's the flu. Just frustrated that I can't stay awake to work more.

16. KCC Big Country profile image85

Glad you're better! All that bed rest is soooo good for you.

17. profile image0

Woke up long enough to finish #27. I've brought my laptop to bed with me. It's quite toasty and comfortable. Probably why I keep napping.

Dreaming of my next micro-niche for the November challenge.

18. lakeerieartists profile image65
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Glad to hear you are feeling better Nelle.

19. profile image0

I'm up to 28 HubChallenge hubs and feeling much better. Went for a short morning walk, my first in two weeks. Now back to hubbing.

20. profile image0

Nelle that is great to hear. I got out another that adds to my personal challenge of 50 by the 31st. This last one makes 31 in the Oct. challenge and 47 in my personal one.

21. MM Del Rosario profile image84
    MM Del Rosarioposted 14 years ago
  22. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

I have my own challange for myself like you did with your 45. I plan to so at least 1 a day. I hope I can do quality work. Will you check out my site and give me some tips? You told me to go to the Extreme Makeover but I just don't take criticism THAT well.

Thanks for inspiring!

23. profile image0

Hey KCC I've finished 30 Ebay Christmas hubs so technically I did 30 in October, but I'm going to get a few more done by the end of the month. Disappointed not to get to 50, but considering a bout with the flu, I'm glad to finish 30.

24. KCC Big Country profile image85

Well done, Nelle! You had 30 quality hubs though and I think your timing on them was excellent.  I'm glad you're feeling better.

25. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

I am not even going to try for October big_smile as I've only been on for 7 days (I do have 9 hubs though) , but I will join it for for November! I'm hoping I can get at least 40-45 done then.

Misty Wild

26. KCC Big Country profile image85

Unfortunately, forum posts don't earn you Adsense revenue. smile  C'mon, you have something you need to write about.  What are you waiting on?

27. mufasaking profile image60
    mufasakingposted 14 years ago

Hey KCC I just joined up recently and noticed you in alot of the forums. Ill accept the challenge 23 down 7 to go.  Blogging is fun It makes me think constantly during the day, Ill be going around and then all of a sudden its like...HEY! I could write about that, the sucky part is typeing, I type slow sad

28. profile image0

Looks like everyone had a really good month. I just finished up my personal challenge of 50 hubs by the end of October. I did the 30/30 and finished that one a few days ago. I actually was able to finish up with about 5 days to spare so that was great.

I really enjoyed the experience of this and will be participating in the November Challenge. My goal is 50 hubs during the month of November geared towards a new niche. Shhhh...that is a big secret.

See you all Nov 1.

29. profile image0

Wow Lynne you certainly had a productive October, good for you!

I've just finished by 31st hub and going for a few more.

1. profile image0

Nelle you did an amazing job this month with being sick and all. Thanks for the compliment. I'm hoping for a bit more this next month and looking forward to getting started with you all on the first.

30. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi to all, dont know yet how to join a challenge, am learning, but I have written all 52 of my articles in three weeks (have notes of some way back then but needed to put it in writing,thats what I did, non stop--- nothing to do except to write) to while away my time, many things going on. I got to learn the proper way though, adsense etc, backlinking too, I am happy to just sometimes read forums such as this one (very informative) and many people here who are very helpful...thanks everyone...

1. profile image0

Hey PDH you can start up on the challenge anytime. KCC and a few others of us like to start the new challenge at the beginning of the month. I'm sure KCC or someone else will start a Nov Challenge thread soon for us to check into in the meantime read up on the posts about the things you don't understand and ask questions about them.

If you want to jump in and start your own thirty day challenge there is a place to post the links to each hub you write during that thirty days in the Hub menu on the side bar.

31. chenmikehk profile image40
    chenmikehkposted 14 years ago

Just did my 30 in my first 30 days in HubPage. A good challenge.

Good job!

1. chenmikehk profile image40
        chenmikehkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, but can't make the 1,000 pages review, it seems. Now only 930.

32. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

sad

sorry KCC. i didn't make it. i dont know how many hubs i wrote but i know it wasn't 30 in 30 days.

1. profile image0

Hey Cosette don't be sad. You added some excellent hubs to your total number and you have a whole bunch of fans. You are doing super. The NovHubChallenge starts tomorrow. Regroup and try again. Luv ya girl!

2. KCC Big Country profile image85

Cosette!  No need to apologize to me, you silly girl! However many you did will just be that many more that you're earning money on.  Hop in on the next one.  There's one as early as tomorrow if you're ready.

33. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

aw Lynne... thank you! have a wonderful weekend.

34. profile image0

YW.. and you have a great weekend as well.

35. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Completed the october challenge. WOW! that was a chore. But i loved every minute of it.
    Thanks KCC and the October hubchallenge team for making this possible. smile

36. KCC Big Country profile image85

You did an awesome job, Viryabo!  I know you mentioned it being a chore and of course writing 30 or more hubs would be.  You also mentioned that you loved every minute of it.  Did you find it to be profitable and/or rewarding too? 

I'm really glad you participated.  A group of us are starting a new one tomorrow.  Care to keep up the momentum with us?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)