jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Guest Blogging

1. Kidgas profile image78
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with writing guest blog posts?  I am wondering if it helped you develop traffic to your own blog.  If so, how did you go about becoming a guest blogger?

Thanks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I've done guest blog posts.   I was blogging on Today dot com (don't recommend it by the way), and there was a post on their forums looking for other bloggers who wrote on similiar topics.  We all exchanged posts on each other's blogs.

Yes it does help your traffic because at the very least, you can make it a condition that the host blogger posts something like "thanks to ... of (hyperlink to your website) for that great post about.... ".  So you get a backlink.  If you can also link to your Hub or site in your post, even better.

3. Kidgas profile image78
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the info.  Do you have any ideas on how to become a guest blogger if I have not been on Today?  Where would you suggest I start?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You could try looking for blogs related to yours, and contact the blogger asking if they'd like to exchange posts.

4. Csjun89 profile image75
    Csjun89posted 7 years ago

Try looking for an authority site in your niche

You can then perhaps send them an email or build a relationship first by leaving comments on their site

Often, some sites will have a call for bloggers, you can take advantage of those opportunities

working