jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

ISBN/ASIN code at hubpages

1. hubbybucks profile image60
    hubbybucksposted 7 years ago

how to generate the listings using amazon button..that has not worked for me so far under any circumstances.I have only be able to generate one only after knowing the ASIN/ISBN code in advance for a particular product and does not shows up products wit ISBN/ASIN code.By using the "keyword" option for displaying the related products it never works at least for me.Does anyone know the solution?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's how it works.  You need to open Amazon in a separate window and search for the products you want,then paste in the ASIN or ISBN for each one.

You can use the keywords option and it will randomly choose products for you,but that's not recommended - it's been shown to have poor results.

2. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

You just need to copy and past the URL into the field, nothing whatsoever to do with an ISBN.

Its easy, find your product, copy and paste the URL.... and you are away.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Actually for a book it is the ISBN. Use the 10-digit and not the 13-digit to create a product link. The 13-digit results in an error.

To create an non-book amazon link at hubpages. I find the product I want and then go to the ASIN number in the description and put that number in the space for a specific product.

I honestly never thought to copy and paste the URL - two ways to do stuff.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I never thought to do that to be honest Nelle, but copying and pasting the URL is surely far quicker? smile

4. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I use the URLs.  Only failed once.