jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I saw Microsoft Bing ad links in my hubs. What is this?

1. soni2006 profile image47
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Today, I have started seeing Microsoft-Bing Advertising links in my hubs.

Is hubpages testing these ads on all hubs or only some hubs are selected for this?

Furthermore, ad links are not related to my content that means in the best priced diesel car hub it is showing, ads "bad credit loans and mortgage ads".

I think these ads are appearing on a random basis, now it appearing on my hub "Is Honda Jazz costly for 7.62 lakh INR on road?". Ads are "CURRENCY TRADING" and "BAD CREDIT LOAN 4.375%".

Please let me know?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is no restriction on who is allowed to bid for specific keywords. I could be the MD of a peanut company and bid for the keywords 'Honda'. People seem to assume this quite a bit.

As for your question regarding Bing, Google are opening up their ads to other networks.... it is possible to block or allow these networks from a tab in your adsense, cannot remember which one.

1. sabrebIade profile image85
        sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ryan, do you mean the Competitive Ad Filter on Adsense?

2. free4india profile image61
        free4indiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think this is it... This is because then Google will be violating its terms of service since already there are 3 Google Ads on the page already.

Moreover "Allow advertisers to use their audience information to deliver more relevant ads to my site." This is what is there in adsense account section where there is mention of third party ads.

2. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

May be part of the new ad system that is going on. I get these "sponsored links" on my page. I checked properties on one and is was from MSN.

3. steffer profile image57
    stefferposted 7 years ago

but still these ads still should be targeted, strange thing is, that today i noticed the same on my 4 blogs.
    i always had very targeted links and today it was somewhat of everything.

4. Kadmiels profile image74
    Kadmielsposted 7 years ago

bing ads are microsoft ad network that are used in the 40% from hp microsoft does not have an affiliate program for the low end folks like me sniff.. and yahoo takes six months to get in but finally made it there smile

5. soni2006 profile image47
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

After reading all the posts, I am able to understand why this happened.

1. free4india profile image61
      free4indiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you say ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ? Why?!