jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

Just a little something special in mind

1. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I just took the time to read a hub by a new hubber, Let the Walls Fall Down. Please, if you can take the  time to read this. It is very poignant and very well told. It is long, but do try to read through it all. I am so thrilled to have met this woman with her story. It may make you weep, so grab a box of Kleenex before you go. Now, I must leave and contemplate this world we live in. It is about adversity. I am pushing seventy. That is enough exercise for me. I must rest.

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

can you post a link? is htat hte name of the hub? or the hubber?

2. Deborah-Lynn profile image81
      Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are you coming back soon then Ralwus, folks been talkin', missing you...

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

That is the title of the hub and her name is Sybil Marie. I am leaving now dear. thanks

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

have a good weekned. sorry I was naughty. I knew you were joking earlier. Have a great weekend,I will go read this. How good of you to put it out here. Take care and hold on to all you love!!

3. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Thanks ralwus.  I'm off to read.

4. shamelabboush profile image70
    shamelabboushposted 7 years ago

Will try it now.

5. archdaw profile image59
    archdawposted 7 years ago

I'm off to read also, but I thought we had a typing date tonight.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image81

Hope he does keep your date, is something up Ralwus?  Hope you are fine??

6. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Holy cow what a powerful story.  It is very long.  Part way in I was actually wondering if it could be a fictional piece.  Although I wouldn’t say I was sobbing, to say I was moved to tears may be a slight understatement.  By that point I had no more thoughts of fiction.  What a sadly beautiful story. 

Hat’s off to writers who have such powerful stories, and who are brave and willing to share with us.  In this vein, I would also recommend Paradise7 and lyricsingray.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

RM, your support is not only motivating, but for me, also validating.  That means more than you know.  Thank you for the inspiration by your own words, and the ones I learn so much from, Kimberly

7. Paradise7 profile image84
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Let-The-Walls-Fall-Down

I think this is the link.  I went to the story and read it, and left a comment there.  What a powerful piece of writing!  Thanks for the tip, Ralwus.  It was well worth it.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I appreciate you all believing in me and I'm also sure this woman will be most surprised and happy. Now, I don't want no more tear jerkers for a bit. At least a year of bits. My heart is all in knots now over the things my old eyes have seen this day. When it comes to tears it's like lettin' the cat outta the bag. Easier lettin 'em out than it is puttin' back in. Now, have a good weekend if I don't see you all later on.
    Now I'm going to go have that drink I promised myself.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image81

Glad to see you are ok you old romantic....I did worry so!  Read a funny piece to lift you up before you have that promised drink...K?

2. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hope it's a tall, deserving cold one my friend.

9. Sybil Marie profile image80
    Sybil Marieposted 7 years ago

ralwus you are a doll! I have been so blessed today!

10. Sybil Marie profile image80
    Sybil Marieposted 7 years ago

I feel so welcomed!!!!!!

working