jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Seting up Video capsules

1. chabrenas profile image61
    chabrenasposted 9 years ago

I've just published a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' hub, with several Google videos imbedded. However, the only way to play the videos is to click on the 'Google' button and then on the 'Go to Google Videos' button that displays as a result. How do I set it up properly so that users can click on the 'play' button or load the video by clicking in the middle of the video screen?

2. trakker14 profile image61
    trakker14posted 9 years ago

are you placing it in the video capsule?

chabrenasposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Each video link is created by edting a video capsule.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean is the hub.

The generated source for inserting the video looks like this:

insertVideo('Google', '4461777513965518284', 'videoGoogleSmall', '', false);

3. Kenny Wordsmith profile image81
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vab5CR6uE_Q

That's how it should look.

Click on menu at the bottom of the video, ignore the embed thing. Click on copy to clipboard bit below that, and you are ready!

chabrenasposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Kenny, are you talking about working from the YouTube/Google page? Maybe that's what I did wrong - just used the URL for the video page instead of getting the link to the video. D'oh.. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

4. Kenny Wordsmith profile image81

Hehe, Chabrenas, I did exactly the same thing when I first linked a video. big_smile

5. chabrenas profile image61

Reckon I've fixed it now. Hope no-one was trying to view it while I messed up the changes first time round. Eventually did it the proper way and UNPUBLISHed until I'd done editing.

So... you want to write a hub about inserting videos, or shall I? There are probably a few folks around who could benefit from it.

Thanks again for the helpful hints, Kenny.

6. Kenny Wordsmith profile image81

Please do write a hub about that, Chabrenas.
    People will listen when I talk to them about art, but not about hub improvement. They'll just ignore me.

7. chabrenas profile image61

Ah-h-h-h-h. I'm sure you do yourself a disfavour. I'l wokr on it. Ideally, I should probably look for a free screen grabber so that I can show people... AND I'D BETTER GET IT RIGHT  roll

8. Kenny Wordsmith profile image81
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 8 years ago

That's right. People follow videos better than the written word. sad

9. chabrenas profile image61
    chabrenasposted 8 years ago

I was horrified to see the recent stats showing how many US graduates never read a book again after they have left Uni (but I wonder if the UK is any better these days). Think I'd better learn how to draw comic strips and do animation.

My teaching hub is coming along very slowly. I've found free tools - Camstudio to do the screen capture, and Windows Movie maker to add titles and narrative and then edit it. The big delay will be developing the skills to do a decent job, but I'm beginning to think it will be a useful skill to have once I get there. Wonder if there are any experts on the subject on this forum?

working