jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Tips for a new hubber

1. jdaviswrites profile image91
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

Any advice? Something you learned about HubPages six months ago that you wish you learned on day one? Any evil hubbers to steer away from? I'm feeling like someone here in the Hubber's Hangout has some knowledge they could blow my mind with. Thanks all...

1. starme77 profile image87
      starme77posted 7 years ago in reply to this

stay away from the forums - it can get dangerous in here LOL - no really - visit - write- and have fun

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The most useful thing about this site you can ever read,

http://hubpages.com/faq/

3. stuart747 profile image60
    stuart747posted 7 years ago

Just keep up producing quality hubs and keep reading other peoples work, and in return people will become fans of you and pay an intrest in your work, kep up with the good work and i hope to read more from you,

4. hinckles koma profile image80
    hinckles komaposted 7 years ago

Don' t spam and be genuine.  Read the thread before answering.  Love all, and have fun in writing.  Try to write boring information that people are tried from.  Noo lol just kidding, be creative. one   Question of topic, really quick why don't we have a rating system here in the forms like 1 star -5 stars,like we have in the questions that we ask here at the hub and people rate them.  Just an idea.  sorry go on. Thanks.

1. profile image61
      PirateGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah deff love all !

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image79
        Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pirate Girl is one of the most interesting characters you can meet in here, talents galore and really fun,  you'll learn more from reading for yourself than getting snapshots from others however.  A writer puts a part of themselves on the line in every piece, so come in here to relax, be inspired and/or break a moment of writers' block, but the real deal is reading peoples' Hubs, to get a feel for foundational structure, get a look at what different styles look like on published pages, and see what risks one should not take.  Go to Hub Forums to have a look at what the administrators are cooking up as well, they really add to our sense of community, and competition sometimes as well.  The best comment I have ever heard is "It's all in Fun!"  It's good to see it all that way, balances how much hard work it takes as well.

If you click on a persons' name you usually get to their Profiles, if you click on the title of something they've written you'll find yourself in their Hub, but if you Search someones' name, you get everthing that has been said about them or that they've said or ever written.  I'll leave the rest for your sense of adventure and discovery because that's half the fun of HubPages, learning and growing at your own pace!

1. hinckles koma profile image80
          hinckles komaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ok see that's an excellent answer i think.  Nice.

2. profile image61

Deborah if I was a Lesbian I swear I would so want you, oh that's right I am. You have me blushing here and I think tomorrow I will write a Poem dedicated to you x

5. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

There are some really good hubs about hubpages, I am so glad I took the time out to read some. I know nothing about seo or promoting a hub, I wish I knew about that 4 months ago!

1. profile image61

I liked your early hubs !

2. hinckles koma profile image80

next question: how do you promote now?  You still don't promote.?

6. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 7 years ago

Self promotion I was helping the guy ffs.

You're now on ignore.

1. profile image61

Like I care !

7. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

well..hmm...try to ignore the silly drama. And take insults with a grain of salt. Life is more than just HP--though that can be easy to forget sometimes! lol

Have fun, enjoy all this community has to offer, ask questions if you need help, and read lots of hubs- there are some great hidden hubs/hubbers out there.

You will get out of HubPages precisely what you put into it.

And, above all...BE PATIENT.

8. jdaviswrites profile image91
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

I'm liking the community already. Everyone seems available for help and truly genuine. Now, time to get some more hubs going. thanks all

1. hinckles koma profile image80

Glad to help and have fun writing. love all koma

working