jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Please instruct me how to delete inappropriate ads on my hubpage

1. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I keep finding these frickin ads for hot Tamil actresses on my chocolate hub page and Halloween hub and it's been at least a few weeks since my chocolate hub was published.  As far as I'm concerned I dont't have "hot" or "Tamil" or "actresses" on my editorial content anywhere.  I have nothing against hot Tamil actresses or any derivation thereof. In fact if you love them perhaps you might want to click on the ads when you happen to read my hub while they are still there.  However I would like to suppress these types of ads where inappropriate if possible.

Okay, I got that off my chest.

Thank You big_smile

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah i don't know where those come from. i don't write about bikins or saris or stiletto heels or anything like that and yet there they are sometimes...strange.

2. rumbling profile image35
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

From my experience one of the reasons for celebrity ads to appear is that there are no relevant ads for your hub. After reading your hub I see no reason for those ads to appear.

3. PhilD41 profile image78
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

I don't know if I will be able to help much, but I can tell you what I know.  First, you can block domains from advertising on your sites from within adsense.  You will need to look under "AdSense Setup" and then "Competitive Ad Filter."  from there you can add domains you don't want to have appear.  (there are example of how to add them)  You will want to right click on one of the ads and copy the link location.  This way you can get the domain without clicking on your own ad.

Now, from what I understand, this only affects those adds that are your impressions.  Those that are for HubPages use their settings.  This is where the problem lies as there are many hubs on HubPages for "actresses," both "hot" and "Tamil"  So, they are valid ads for HubPages as a whole.  I am not sure if there is a way to solve this or not.

If I am wrong, hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.  This has been my experience so far.  I will admit that it is limited though.

I wish you luck in getting them removed.

4. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Thanks for responding guys.  And Phil I'll follow your instruction, at least I can do what I can within my control. I guess the rest is up to Hubpages.

5. 0
    TMinutposted 7 years ago

I got worried because when I used one of my sites about teen boys and school to get suggestions from the Adsense Keyword tool, it came up with some horrifying suggestions and searches like: boys (doing obscene and perverted things to other) boys! Nothing I wrote should bring up something like that!!! There were no ads like that but it scared me about writing anything else...ever. I don't know what might show up.