jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon and Hubpages (2 questions)

1. Mezo profile image79
    Mezoposted 7 years ago

Hi, I just joined Amazon.com associates program a few days ago and I put it on some of my hubs, I also published a new hub with the amazon widget in but there's something I noticed, I dunno if that's true but all my hubs where indexed in google withing hours or 2 days maximum, EXCEPT for this new hub with the amazon thingy in it, it has been days since I published it but it is not indexed yet. I even published another hub after it, and hours later, it was indexed (it has no Amazon widget.

Am I imagining this or google delays indexing for this?

another question is : I understand that hubpages takes of 40% from Google adsense revenue (no on every click but on total, is that right?), Now what about Amazon commissions? I think they are already vey low when compared to other affiliate sites, so do we also get 60% of that too?

Can anyone help?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're misunderstanding how the affiliate programs work here.  HubPages doesn't take a cut of your money.  You get 100% of what is earned when your affiliate codes are on your pages, which is 60% of the time.  HubPages' own affiliate codes will run on your pages 40% of the time, and they get 100% of those earnings.

2. Mezo profile image79
    Mezoposted 7 years ago

yes, I understand, thanks for replying relache, i was asking if the same thing applies to amazon or just to adsense

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Yes the same thing applies to amazon and the other affiliate programs.

4. Mezo profile image79
    Mezoposted 7 years ago

thnx Nelle....in fact when I first was checking about hubs and hubbers that are (in the dark side big_smile) you were the first one who encouraged me when I saw your hubs...I thought "she has many hubs with amazon on it, must be doing good) andreally liked them...I wanted to ask you, what works best for you? To make hubs about these certain products "buy......online, for example" or just general ideas and advice with related products next to the text?

5. Benjimester profile image88
    Benjimesterposted 7 years ago

Hmm, that's very interesting.  I actually just noticed that same phenomenon with one of my hubs.  I published it with an amazon capsule and it has been about a week and still isn't indexed in Google.  I wonder what the deal is.  Maybe it's just coincidence, I'm not sure.  Or, maybe it's safer to wait for a hub to get indexed before adding an Amazon capsule.  Very interesting.  We'll have to keep watching it.

6. Mezo profile image79
    Mezoposted 7 years ago

exactly, i published another one, and it got indexed next day, then i added the amazon thingy....i dunno can it be by coincidence?

7. Benjimester profile image88
    Benjimesterposted 7 years ago

Well, I just took my Amazon capsule out of the hub that hasn't gotten indexed.  If it gets indexed within the next day, I'll know it probably can't be a coincidence.  It's weird though, ya know.  I'm glad you asked the question so we can both be looking for it.  I think from now on, I'll wait 2 days before adding an Amazon capsule, just to be safe.

8. Mezo profile image79
    Mezoposted 7 years ago

an update....one of the hubs has been indexed today...soo late but indexed at last

9. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

No hubs are indexed quickly. I have 2 hubs not indexed atm. All new ones are taking like a month to index, maybe a little under from publish date..