jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Why DO people go on fanning sprees?

1. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

What's in it for them?  I got curious and started looking at the Hubtivity of people who fanned me, whose hub name I did not recognize.  I recently got fanned by someone whose Hubtivity went back 20 pages of fanning people.  There was maybe 20-40% reciprocal fanning.  There were 1 or 2 forum posts, no comments on others' hubs.

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They are ignorant of the fact that taking such action drives your HubScore down through the floor.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i always fan anyone who fans me, unless they look like a total spammer. sometimes i don't check whehn i get fanned, so i end up reciprocal-fanning a lot of people, which may look like a 'fanning spree' on the hubtivity.

i also fan people i think are unusual or interesting.

but i never fan anyone to increase my own fan base. not because that is uncool, i just have my own views about fans and whatnot.

1. Wendi M profile image82
        Wendi Mposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I still don't understand what the term "fanning spree" means...help, please?

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

For me I do try to reciprocate and get around to reading others hubs and commenting but when you start getting lots of fans or you have fanned a lot of people it is hard. That is why I get the one email thing where I know who did what during the day but the last two weeks have been crazy for me and I am really behind not to mention behind on writing.

3. wesleycox profile image83
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

People go on fanning sprees because they want to be like Tom of myspace.

4. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

What is a fanning spree, and how does it affect Hubscore?

rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

See above.  I think it's been covered.

5. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

People think they will get a lot of fans and people will be clicking on their ads.  They just do not take the time to pay attention and see how things work here.

relache mentioned the hub score going down and kudos to that.  Its just ignorance.

6. Aya Katz profile image89
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

A "fanning spree" means joining the fan club of many different hubbers, one after another in close succession, without doing anything else between each such action. You can tell someone has gone on a fanning spree by looking at their hubtivity.

rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Aya.  I was working on an answer, but yours is better.

1. Wendi M profile image82
        Wendi Mposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the clarification.  How does that affect one's Hubscore?

7. Georgina_writes profile image84
    Georgina_writesposted 7 years ago

Must admit, I fan people whose hubs I find interesting, useful or particularly impressive.  I'd rather have fewer, quality fans.

8. myownworld profile image80
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

mindless action. they get high on it...

working