jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Help With Amazon

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

How do I embed my Amazon aStore as an inline frame or frameset?  Specifically, where to I paste the HTML text on the HubPages site?

1. LRobbins profile image78
      LRobbinsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

While you can embed the Amazon astore into hubpages you have to do it as  a "Simple link to my store as a standalone site"  It doesn't look as nice and doesn't have the Amazon logo, but it is possible.  I just did it for one of my hubs http://hubpages.com/hub/Born-to-Run-Book-Review under the heading "More Adventure and Travel Books from Amazon".  Admittedly, it looks like just another link and not a "store" but I'm interested to see if it generates any results.  Hope that helps.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

you can't use an astore on hubpages, you can only use the amazon module and select products or keywords for products.  You can only use the astore on your own websites.  I have a hub on how to add an astore to your wordpress blog, if you have one.

Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, man.  You probably just saved me several hours of agravation with technology.

3. Carol the Writer profile image79
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

When you start your hub, there is a box at the top right, saying: ADD MORE CAPSULES. There is one saying Amazon. Click it and it is added to the bottom of your hub. Then use capsule ordering to move it to where you want. Then click "reorder now" to keep it at that location.

Click edit to open the Amazon capsule. Then the easiest thing is to choose keywords and have Amazon find things for you.

Once you do it, it is easy.

Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

4. freelanceworld profile image59
    freelanceworldposted 7 years ago

For More explanation about how to Use Amazon and other capsules
    HubPages For Dummies A to Z - Part 2
    will help !

Enjoy Hubbing !

1. Carol the Writer profile image79
      Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well my attempt to post a link like freelance didn't work. It looks like when I hit reply, I get to see the code freelance used. Looks like you added [url= stuff. Let me try this linking thing again.

Review of Sony's PSP Go

5. sandwichmom profile image61
    sandwichmomposted 7 years ago

I was wondering about the amazon issue also- But I have seen what appears to text links for amazon- how does that work?

1. Carol the Writer profile image79
      Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is a lot of advice on http://hubpages.com/guide/overview

Now I'm wondering how freelanceworld got a link in his answer. Let me see if this works. Here is a link I made up earlier.

<A HREF="http://www.hubpages.com/hub/PSP-Go-Review">PSP Go System Review</A>

6. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

The Amazon module is the easiest way to add Amazon products to your hubs.  Some people get creative and use a Text Module and use one or two lines of anchor text to direct to a specific product. But when you do that you have to enter your entire affiliate code.  HP takes care of all of that for you with the Amazon module.

working