jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hey everyone, let me know how I'm doing!

1. 60
    Pandemic Pressposted 7 years ago

I've written several articles now, and I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of them! They're mostly on relationship advice, specifically online dating, but this will soon change and a wider variety of topics will begin to surface.

Thanks in advance for any reviews/criticisms!

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Great start! You should break up your text across more than one capsule. In some, you broke up the text a bit with subtitles. That does help.

You also need to include some other things to break up the text -- pictures, videos, etc. And if I were you, I would use the Groups function to link to your other hubs. You can also consider an RSS feed or a links capsule. Any/all of these will look better and stand out more than just some links thrown in at the bottom.

3. 60

Thanks! I fixed the ugly links immediately. Also I recently read that linking to the same websites in all your hubs affects your hubscore, does the same thing apply to the RSS feed?

Also, I need to work on getting some pictures for my online dating hubs, I don't rightly know what to put up there!

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are allowed a maximum of two links to any one domain in each hub. I don't believe the links in the RSS feeds count as such.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Good writing, information, detailed. smile I agree, some pics would be great, videos too. Some funny 'bad date' videos I used from youtube, lol. Quiz, maybe link to helpful resources (dating , link to tips and advice site). Just some thoughts. smile Welcome to HubPages and you're off to a great start!

5. 60

Thanks Irohner and Dame Scribe!

And now I have a question I'm sure has been asked a million times... what do I need to do to get my hubs indexed by search engines? They're all on Digg, Reddit, and StumbleUpon, and I've read elsewhere that some people have gotten their hubs indexed in hours by submitting them to these sites. I'm probably just being impatient, but this very thread has shown up on google faster than my hubs! lol