jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

A Hub that I thought would fare better

1. nicomp profile image62
    nicompposted 7 years ago

So I wrote this hub about linoleum floors. It's my only hub about linoleum floors. I thought it was funny and I expected better results, at least in terms of hits. For whatever reason it's only enjoyed 105 visits over 4 months. Only one keyword is in the top 10 search results from Google; at position 3 down from position 1 a few weeks ago. None of the keywords are in any Yahoo top 10s.

Maybe it's just funny to me? I dunno.

2. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

put some of your keywords into the h2's (titles)

currently is ovation, history etc.

try Linoleum Floors: Ovation

History of Linoleum

prob the misspelled URl isnt helping and its a surprsingly competitive and high paying keyword - youll need lots of backlinks

there are 320 searched for the misspelling, you could probably outrank those competitors if you got some anchor texts w/ the misspelling

1. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1. What's an anchor text?

2. HubPages won't allow keywords with punctuation, such as
      Linoleum Floors: Ovation
      as you suggested. Unless you know a way around that.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

sure they will, your hub capsule titles are h2 html text

thats why i used the examples i did, maybe the " :" isnt allowed but that wad a mere example, just be sure to put keywords in those fields and not unrelatd text like "history"

4. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Lawl, I have a Hub that didn't even get 100 views in about 8 months. I just posted one that shot over 150 in 4 days, go figure.

1. 0
      Ghost32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

The only thing I've learned "for certain sure" on this topic is that I'm the world's worst when it comes to predicting performance by a hub prior to its publication.  I find it encouraging, though, that every so often a hub which has languished in the DOVFV (Dungeon Of Very Few Views) for many months will suddenly burst into action. 

Like you said, Thranax, "Go figure".