jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Dictator for a Day!

1. yoshi97 profile image87
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

Yes! Your great moment has finally arrived!

Well ... almost.

For this fin exercise we will assume Paul Deeds has decided to go to important meeting and has left you ... YES YOU ... in charge for one day.

Now, Paul trusts you implicitly, so he has said up front ... you can make any changes in Hubpages you see fit. Now the question ... what would you do with your one day of power?

This is all in play, but I do ask that that we keep this fun and civil. As such, it's okay to say I would ban a few people, but it's not okay to give names.

So, have fun, be creative, and let Paul know why it is you really can't be trusted to run Hubpages in his absense. smile

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image81
      Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yoshi97   Of coarse I would ban people who shamelessly steal other peoples' hard work and call it their own.  I would also block people from taking artwork from, or cut + pasting other's Hubs.  The best thing I would add voice to the Forums, especially The Sandpit.  :lol

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I would change the bars from grey to Pink big_smile hehe...maybe a whole kaleidoscope of colors.

3. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Before I go to bed, I thought I'd leave my 24 hour HubPages smile

I'd remove the copy and paste facility in the religion forum.

I'd award hubbers 100% revenue for the duration. But I'd buy the HP team a beer - for being good sports. I might even stretch to buying Ryan a new broom. So he could give Frank a day off.

Even though I don't like Facebook apps overmuch, I'd install the Poo Fight one. As so many like to sling crap on occasion - they may as well have the opportunity to launch virtual piles of it at each other smile

Night smile

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I would take the politics and religion forums out of hubtivity.

1. Gemsong profile image85
      Gemsongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And I would help you.

1. elisabethkcmo profile image81
        elisabethkcmoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

and I would too have your back

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I would have banned a couple of people lol

6. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Haha.  Great topic.  I wouldn't call it dictatorship, however.  Just being a CEO for a day.  lol

1.  I'd hire 1 or 2 more monitors to look after the forums and posting of trash comments on hubs.  Right now, the system doesn't seem adequate to address the trolling activities going on, which in time, will ruin a writing site.  I believe I've read similar writing sites have examined quality in this way.  I wouldn't make it a computer generated 'formula.' but either invite volunteer community monitors or pay for a couple human beings to make common sense decisions.  In the end, this will pay off, because the site needs to attract quality writers.  As it is, the trolls turn these people off.

2.  I'd open up to the possibility that writers be invited to write in other languages.  This would set Hubpages apart from other sites and generate more income.

3.  I'd tell him to listen to his dad more, wink.  He seems like a good guy.