jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

FIFA World Cup 2010

1. Laura du Toit profile image92
    Laura du Toitposted 7 years ago

Is there any interest in South Africa and the world cup and would a hub on South Africa be of any interest to hubbers - coming from a South African?

1. 61
      PirateGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would read it !

2. Green Lotus profile image61
      Green Lotusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would love to see your hub on South Africa and the upcoming World Cup!

I've just been scouring the forum looking for lively football/soccer/world cup thread and I have agree with you Laura, I'm baffled at the fact that there's nothing here.

My husband is a football freak - a huge Manchester United fan. He spends as much time adjusting his picks on the Fantasy Premiere League as I do on Hubpages. He also tells me that all the internet football forums are 'rubbish', perhaps worth reading but certainly not worth participating in. As a challenge, I volunteered to check out the forums here in hopes of suggesting a worthwhile alternative to the mindless arguing that goes on 'out there'. So far I have yet to find what he's look for. Am I wrong ??

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

Seconded - I look forward to it smile

3. Laura du Toit profile image92
    Laura du Toitposted 6 years ago

Hi Green Lotus

I would love to do a few hubs on the main towns and venues for the World Cup. Unfortunately I know zilch about soccer so I really won't be much use to your husband. I've learned my lesson before - don't write about a sport you are not familiar with - you make a complete ass of yourself. Let me know if South Africa interests you or was it just the soccer?