jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Newbie would like your opinion

1. roadlady profile image61
    roadladyposted 7 years ago

I am new to hub pages and just completed a couple of hubs.  I would really like to know what you think so I can be a successful hub writer.  Thanks http://hubpages.com/profile/roadlady

1. staceyleah74 profile image60
      staceyleah74posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I enjoyed reading your hubs. smile  Im really new as well so I can only give a "non-expert" opinion. lol

I became a fan so I can read more!

1. roadlady profile image61
        roadladyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you smile

2. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

I would say you are well on your way.  They are well written, informative and unique as far as I can tell.  Now all you need to know is keep writing.

Btw, welcome to HubPages

3. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

I read your yard sale article and it appears well written and helpful .   keep it up

4. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Hey RL - welcome to Hubpages smile

Just had a scan. As they are, they're both a great start. You've kept on topic, delivered the promise of what the title suggests and your text/body flows. Grammatically correct etc, looks good, not too long, not too short. I think you may get away with adding another picture or two into the yard sale one to break up the bottom half of the body.

Or maybe you could round up your tips, in a concise and easy to remember format. And if you're the kind of person that likes to share hints, tips and advice, I'd think about heading the hub titles with 'How To .... ' or 'Top Tips For ... '

By the way - I love crafty hubbers. I should share what I get up to in my spare time smile

1. Dale Mazurek profile image59
      Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Listening to frogdroppings advice is a good thing.  She knows what she is doing and pays attention to detail probably more then most except maybe Relache and Darkside.

1. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Probably because I paid close attention to them big_smile

And thankyou BTW wink

2. roadlady profile image61
      roadladyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the great input - I have printed out your comments to keep them for the future.  I really appreciate the honesty and tips for making my hub better.  Thanks smile

5. Sudon Imous profile image62
    Sudon Imousposted 7 years ago

Hi,

This is about your button flower hub and is about its position on Google search results - I'm assuming your interested in this - if not then just disregard this information.  Running "button flower" through the Google AdWords Tool shows that this and related keyword phrases get about 16,000 searches a month (button flower, buttons flower, button flowers).

Googling "button flower" shows that you are competing for this keyword phrase with artsycrafty..... which has the number two spot in the Google search results.

Running this competing site through Yahoo! Site Explorer shows that it has 1,296 backlinks including about 600 external backlinks - the backlinks are driving the number two search engine results page position.

Your hub has 11 internal HubPages backlinks but not external backlinks from outside of HubPages.  You need more external backlinks to get your hub on the first page of Google search results.  To give you an idea how many, the bottom web page on the first page of Google search results has 48 external backlinks, so you probably need more than that.

There is lots of advice in hubs about getting backlinks.  You can post on forums and message boards leaving links back to your hub.  You can submit articles for syndication to places like EzineArticles that link back to your hub.  You can get the word out about your hub using different social networking methods and hope to get backlinks organically.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with niche hubs on specialized subjects, the top traffic referring hub on HubPages during the last three months was just this kind of hub (I just published a hub on this if you're interested in the details).  --Good luck

working