jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hubpage Link Exchanges

1. MaryRae profile image79
    MaryRaeposted 7 years ago

Is it okay to contact members who made similar hubs to those I've written to ask if they'd be interested in a link exchange?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As Darkside said, related Hubs show up anyway.  And a lot of people say exchanging links is a waste of time anyway, because Google disregards two-way links.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

If you have hubs that are related there's a good chance it will show up automatically under the Related Hubs in the right hand column.

Otherwise, it will depend on the individual.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I'd find it annoying to be contacted regularly with requests for link exchanges on my hubs. I imagine it would be fine with some.

3. MaryRae profile image79
    MaryRaeposted 7 years ago

So it wouldn't be against any part of Hubpages TOS? I just want to make sure that I won't get in trouble for it.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How many people are you planning on contacting?

If a few of them found it annoying and reported it, it could draw unwanted attention.

4. deartfuldodger profile image60
    deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago

"because Google disregards two-way links."

Google disregards reciprocal links in passing Page rank or "google juice" but such links could help you get indexed.

To do a proper link exchange you just dont do it reciprocally.

MW links to DS's Hub on Antimatter from her hub on science

DS returns favor by linking from his hub on Hubpages to MW's on Helium

It would be pointless if you just linked hub to hub as far as I know that is just seen as an inlink/in site link, reciprocity doesnt matter anyway in that regards.

But the method works fine if the users have external blogs and sites taht they share in such a sharing system

1. cascoly profile image60
      cascolyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

if this is true, and many say it is, what's the POINT of the 'new' hub karma where wee are ebnciouraged to give links to othwer hubs with NOTHING in return except some score thast isnt explained?