jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the point in referring inside hubpages ?

1. free4india profile image62
    free4indiaposted 7 years ago

1.  I see so many hubs referring to many other hubs.
    How much referral benefit do they get in terms of ad impressions?

2.  Is there any difference between reference from external pages to another person's hub versus referral to inside hubpages from one person's hub to another person's hub?

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For internal linking I don't do it for the ad impressions. And it has benefited me greatly.

It depends who you're talking about. For the hub owner, an external page linking to them is more beneficial in terms of SEO effect than internal.

In terms of traffic, it will depend on how much traffic the external source and the referring internal are getting, and how many people are clicking through.

So a win for external in the first bout and a split decision on the second.

If you're talking about the referrer, it would be of benefit either way (internal or external) as they're sending traffic that will be getting both (10%) ad impressions and a chance of a person signing up under them.

2. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

1. None

2. The benefits of internal linking within topics (which HubPages does automatically) is that it makes it easier for Google to crawl and index individual pages. It also helps with being seen by Google as an authority on the topic. Internal linking creates like a mini site within HP.

External links pointing to hubs is also important as they act as votes for your content - more votes = higher up in the search results + improved page rank.

Did you read the answers you were given in your other forum post about referrals and trackers?

Hope this helps smile

1. free4india profile image62
      free4indiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Susan, Thank you for your help and views.

However, I think you may not be correct or you may be correct !

But then with so many people using this there obviously is or should be some advantage !

I have taken your views and even from dark side, but then I need opinions for a lot more that is from the other side.... whose who are using the hubpages referral inside the hubs...

This could be even a secret they do not want to reveal ... smile

3. rumbling profile image35
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

When you refer another hub you get 10% of there page impressions so you can earn more money. For this to work you need to refer other hubs using your url tracker code. You can learn more about trackers here http://hubpages.com/_hpref/hub/How-to-m … n-HubPages , the _hpref part is my tracker :-) .

As for external linking vs internal links , external links counts more towards your search engine rankings