jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Small success makes my day!

1. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Yesterday i was a bit discouraged, I received the most traffic I had ever received in a sngle day, at an increase that made my adsense views equal to what my daily hubviews woud normally be!

But, only one click! and that was at like 2.58am so I never even knew it happened, .14 cents in impressions ;(

I was worried, I mean my ctr was abysmal and it worried me all round.

Anyway, to teh success part, i opened up Amazon this morning and 10 sales totalling over 230 bucks were made (which puts me in the 8% commish bracket) is that a good day,no, but boy did it put the wind back in my sales (sails) for the day!

why does my font look so funny?

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i liked that font...it added an interesting dimension to your post wink

congratulations on your sales - that's wonderful!

2. 0
    rednckwmnposted 7 years ago

I dont read ....circles...or is it just my computer?
    I am glad something happened to make your day!! Have a good one..

3. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

Congrats Sunforged I wish I had moe confidence in Amazon. I am thinking about putting it all back up but feel it has earned me nothing. I have really good Adsense earnings and am a little aafraid it might put this at risk. I know I really should be trying to promote Amazon as most of my hubs are already geared towards selling. Any advice would be helpful.

1. sunforged profile image67
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I dont feel they compete, the good adsense ads are above the fold.

Placing amazon or ebay links within your hus after the pot where adsense displays anyway seems harmless.

At least for testing purpsoes

4. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

Awesomeness! I have really been trying to gear amazon to what I am writing but so far just a few clicks and nothing more.

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

sorry about that crazy font, i just got a netbook, and sometimes i hit some wacky button that makes that happen..i thought it was just on my screen.

AFter doing the math, Im ok with around 19- bucks in overnight sales!

Advice for amazon, I really dont have any, I dont focus on ebay/amazon or adsense, I recently changed all my titles and intro headers to target better ads and it really amped up traffic and earnings in adsense, but monetizing directly from hubpages has never been my goal. I just get lucky with Amazon every now and then, I once sold 50 items in anight! (turned out they were .99 cent mp3s sad

I can honestly say, that only twice in recent memory has an item i showcased been the item that was purchased, a box of condoms once and some coupons another time (ref: Hub traffic only)

But Helen, I do think your topics and knowledge are ripe for tons of product reviews on hair products with associated items.

Tigi straightener
    Tigi gel
    bedheads conditioner  etc. especially if you ever get scoops into products that are just being released

I meant to have some sort of inpirational quote at the end of my first post, but the crazy font, scared me away.

Something about patience and not checking your stats to much.

As for my big traffic boom yesterday, I wrote and published one which was strongly interlinked with the related hubs "How to make money writing online series" and I spent an hour in a couple of forums...not posting my links! but with some links in the sig and answering questions about topics  I am familiar with...thats my guess for now - each of those posts is a backlink - have to wait til teh end of the week to really read those stats