jump to last post 1-23 of 23 discussions (30 posts)

Can you tell me why you like hubpages?

1. 0
    Naul Pewmanposted 7 years ago

Can you tell the real reason why you like this place or share a nice hp story?

1. beth811 profile image68
      beth811posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like HP because of great interaction of members in a forum.

2. TheEverythingHub profile image59
    TheEverythingHubposted 7 years ago

Simple because of the people and the connections with them

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

A very kewl symbiotic relationship, genuine sweet people, great program, great writings and a awesome tech team around us. smile

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The lovely lady Scribe has pretty much summed it up for me, too! smile

4. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I love it because of RooBee

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You had me at hello, ralwus, and now you're just sweetening the batch you doll!

5. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

The community aspect, the people, being able to get my writing out there.

But mostly, the people smile

6. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I can't help but say sweet things to RooBee. Where's that horse picture? My favorite of you it was. Yer gettin purtier all the time.

7. Laura du Toit profile image92
    Laura du Toitposted 7 years ago

The whole community feeling. You can pretend you belong somewhere.

Sharing with people that have such diverse interests and yet we all have HP in common.

8. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

HubPages has done an amazing job creating a community here.  I played around on Squidoo for the last couple of months before starting up here, and HubPages flat out ROCKS!

The quality and diversity of stuff here is awesome, and it's all in one place.  Squidoo just seems more disjointed in that regard, so I'm a Hubber for the long haul.

9. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

The free donuts.

10. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago
  11. Tom Cornett profile image62
    Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago

It's a good place to write...discuss...teach and most importantly, learn.  smile

12. fortunerep profile image62
    fortunerepposted 7 years ago

I am here because I love to read what others write as well as write myself, tom, where is chapter 7?  It is my nightly reading.  Darn, where did I put that book, only on chapter 6 and lost it............

1. Tom Cornett profile image62
      Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Coming soon!  smile

13. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

Hubpages has turned out to be a great place in so many ways.

It is a great tool for my affiliate marketing, a great platform for my adsense

Now I also love this place because of the people I am meeting.  I can be involved in inteligent conversation, meet great people and have fun working.

14. Wendi M profile image81
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

To me, it's a place where I feel like I belong!

15. Lisa HW profile image85
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I like the fact that it's uncomplicated.  Some writing sites aren't really writing sites.  They're some "complicated, social, thing" (or something) where the writing isn't particularly the main focus.  Here, there's help if anyone ever wants it.  Other than that, Hubbers are left alone to write their Hubs and do what it takes to make them successful (or not). 

(There's free donuts?  Nobody told me there's free donuts.  Are there any left, do you think?)

16. Aqua profile image79
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

I like HubPages because writing and building the hubs is easy and fun. I like the community because it's diverse. Of course I like the ability to earn through adsense, amazon, and ebay. I joined two years ago, wrote a couple of hubs and then got distracted with other things. Now I'm back and really enjoying it! HubPages has change *a lot* in the past two years - most definitely for the better smile

17. WaffleCheese profile image77
    WaffleCheeseposted 7 years ago

The adsense!!!

I have over 30 articles on ezine, and they do wonders for traffic at my site, but nothing is better than hubpages for affiliate promotion. Love it.

18. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

You can read what brought us to HP and why we stay (question #1) for me and 3 other hubbers in this hub by lyricsingray: 

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks RM for mentioning the Hub, you all did an amazing job, I hope Newbies read it because it is inspiring.

1. 0
        lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

PS I like Hubpages because it challenges my writing, it makes me work harder and therefore I end up at times, with a better end result.  HubPages is also something I find myself proud of and want to build a strong portfolio.

19. gym-fitness profile image60
    gym-fitnessposted 7 years ago

i like the casualness of it all. write it and publish it and wait and see if anyone reads it.

20. 0
    rednckwmnposted 7 years ago

I like hubpages cuz everone here is soooo nice to me. And its not my real life. And if anyone is mean, I can turn my computer off.  smile

1. rmcrayne profile image93
      rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Girl if people were mean to you here, you'd have plenty of other people lining up in your defense.

21. 0
    Naul Pewmanposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all answers. Others are invited too. smile

22. Mrvoodoo profile image62
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

I came for the money, but stayed for the free freak shows. smile

23. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

I think my favorite part of HP's is the 'quiz' capsule