jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Ebay capsule isn't wrapping

1. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

In the edit screen is appears to wrap, but it's not wrapping when done editing/published. It was when published, but now it's not, as least for one of my hubs..

In case, you need to see an example: http://hubpages.com/hub/Halloween-Home-Decorations

2. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 7 years ago

Yes, capsule wrapping has been wonky for about a week or two.  It looks fine in the edit, but in the preview or after editing/publishing it does its own sweet thing.  I hadn't noticed it was eBay capsules in particular, but maybe it is.  It's certainly not happening with every capsule.  But when it happens, it persists--there's no getting the capsule to be where you want it to be. It used to be totally reliable.  Something's changed...

3. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

Whitney, I see two eBay capsules side-by-side near the bottom of your hub, in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Is that not what you intended? Is it sometimes rendering differently for you? I'm afraid I'm not understanding the problem.

1. Whitney05 profile image62
      Whitney05posted 7 years ago in reply to this

It seems to be working now, but before the capsule on the left was beneath the right aligned capsule. The title was directly to the left, but all of the products were pushed to the bottom.

Like Janet said, it's sporadic apparently. I have seen it in other hubs.

4. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Earlier, right after this thread was posted I looked at it and it was messed up. It does seem to be working now. I use IE browser.

5. Janet21 profile image69
    Janet21posted 7 years ago

I am having the same problem on one of my hubs, however, it is sporadic. It is fine one minute and wacky the next....

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

I think that may be caused by long product titles that don't have any spaces in them.

7. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

These had spaces. The one that weren't wrapping, that is.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Please post a link to this thread the next time you see one.  The products tend to scroll through fairly quickly on eBay capsules.

1. Janet21 profile image69
        Janet21posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Paul, here is a hub of mine that has this probelm,
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Taylor-Swift-Gifts

However, sometimes it fixes itself.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  That issue is being caused by too many consecutive characters without a break in the product listing, this one specifically:

4 TAYLOR SWIFT TICKETS**MINNEAPOLIS**TARGET**SEC. 230

We can probably come up with a solution for that.

1. Janet21 profile image69
            Janet21posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul.

working