jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

The gun is starting to piss me off!

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

We have geese in the field behind us, but you can't hunt there, too close to houses.  They are loud & there are a lot. Someone keeps shooting off a shotgun to scare them & frankly I'm getting pissed off at the loud shots.  Can't tell which neighbor it is.  But he is an idiot, he shoots gun, geese fly away, geese return within 15 minutes - the farmer just harvested his wheat & they are not going to leave the field with all the leftovers on the ground.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

LOL! A few years ago, we lived out in the countryand were pretty much surrounded by cornfields and dairy farms. We had a big backyard with an inground pool and pond. But could we enjoy it? Hardly. The corn farmers used automatic air gun blaster thingees to scare away the birds and other sundry varmints. Every couple of minutes BOOM! So let's hope your neighbor doesn't discover the automatic air guns!

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Oh, I hope he doesn't discover it! AHH!  I know its not the farmer shooting, its someone on our street.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I can't stand gunshots either hmm they skeer me I admit but we have bear probs around here so not sure if I should cheer or cower lol rather have geese!

5. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

That would be obnoxious. We expect that our neighbors will respect our peace and queit, but that is not ofter the case. I hope that they stop.

They may be firing a muzzle loader with no round. that is pretty common.

6. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago

I feel the same way about traffic noise!  As a farmer I do sympathize because I had a flock of Canada geese eat my peanuts every day after they were dug up.  I have no idea how many tons they ate.  They aren't worth shooting to eat either!