jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Trouble Inserting Banner Into My Blog

1. pippap profile image92
    pippapposted 7 years ago

I went to the "Banners & Badges" page and copied the code.  I placed it in the sidebar of my blog (www.philippa-pippasplace.blogspot.com) and the banner displayed.  However, when it is clicked on, it doesn't take you to hubpages.  I have removed the banner; but, would like help getting it to work properly.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I'm wondering if there are some issues with your blog, as it did some very weird things when I opened it.  The Amazon widget was all over the place and very slow to load, and made everything else go crazy.

I remember having trouble with the Banners and Badges page too.  It's much easier and more effective to add your own widget (just go to your profile, it's there).

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

To display the Hub banner on Blogspot (in case you didn't realize this), you should go to "Customize".
    Then click on "Add Gadget".

Then select the block that lets you put a "third party function".  Once that comes up paste in the HTML code you copied from HubPages.  Click "save".

Just to double-check, click "view blog".

Go back to to "Customize" and move the block wherever you want it moved.  Save the changes again.

4. pippap profile image92
    pippapposted 7 years ago

Thanks so much both of you.  The information is very helpful.